What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Izz

Bench
Maybe he got miffed that we were okay with trading him for Walsh & decided to give us the finger & leave?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah... Turner leaving was a bit weird. We wanted to sign him and he would have played first grade with us (our halves aren't much better than theirs). Plus it was reported that we offered more money.

Should have kept Perham aswell.
I think it was another Mason Lino situation with Turner. At the time of negotiations he was a way back in the queue for a first grade spot and so he left to get a more guaranteed start. Then in the space of a few weeks injuries and form changed the picture.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Maybe he just figured he's fourth in the pecking order here and if he went to the Titans he had a better shot because Taylor sucks

Because our halves situation is a dogs breakfast and Warriors management may be reassessing thingsI

Hearing rumours that Warriors are going to talk to Dufty

surely we can’t afford Nikorima, Walsh and Dufty in the same side - defence would leak points
The club have said no to both Norman and Dufty I thought? Whilst we do need to get our spine in order. These 2 will be a few steps backwards imho. Defensively not the greatest. Norman's 5th play options are not too flash similar to CHT. Dufty is effective with ball in hand but without the ball he's one of the worst FB in the NRL.

Keep looking Warriors.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Rumours of Widdop to Warriors circulating
If hes coming from England he needs to secure a flight and do some quarantine right? And then he needs to train with the team a little bit if he is coming to play halfback.

If he is only a signing for this year, seems kinda pointless as it would only leave 6 or 7 games tops for him to play. If he is here next year too then fair enough, play on.

nswarrior

Juniors
The reality is he is $600k cheaper than RTS and the team won’t lose too much - we lose a bit on leadership but gain some pace

hope I am not being too harsh

the salary cap management looks heaps better

need a top rate half, centre and front tower and we are too 4 material

bring back princess!!

JJ

Immortal
The reality is he is $600k cheaper than RTS and the team won’t lose too much - we lose a bit on leadership but gain some pace

bring back princess!!
Think that’s harsh, DWZ isn’t playing the same sport as RTS, not saying it’s a bad signing but RTS is special

Sanchez

Coach

bring back princess!!
Id probably have hooker before another prop and centre

Penrose_11

Juniors
CNK to fullback/centre would be a smart pickup. RTS going to Blues leaves $1mil to spend for next year. His kids live in NZ and he’s pretty much spent most of his time here since his injury. He covers a couple of spots and has game braking flare. Canberra is restructuring and already talking to Dufty

JJ

Immortal
I like CNK but he’s a first grade fullback, and a good one…. Surely he’d be signed to play there? Guess the key is what’s the plan with Walsh?

if we really wanted a centre/fullback utility we let a perfectly decent one in Hiku leave…

Leber

Bench
CNK at 1 and Walsh at 6 would be good, but it looks like Walsh is being groomed as a fullback solely.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose_11

Juniors
Look at Joseph Manu at Roosters. Starting centre, covers fullback thru injury and State of Origin and has even filled in at 6. CNK was actually a 6 in Melbourne U20s so covers multiple spots. I’d certainly sign him as a centre. He’s currently on bout $350 season so even with upgrade, it’s probably not a bank breaker. It’s probably more of a work/ life balance for CNK especially with young family involved, so could move with the right deal