What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Cannot Win The Comp In 2006

who cannot win the comp in 2006 and why

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • Nth Queensland

Votes: 27 12.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 41 18.2%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 112 49.8%
  • Manly

Votes: 66 29.3%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 54 24.0%
  • Penrith

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 87 38.7%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • South Sydney

Votes: 100 44.4%
  • Canberra

Votes: 119 52.9%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 28 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RABK

Referee
Raiders - Because even at full strength it's nuffy galore.

Souths- Don't have big game players.

Warriors- Are the most inconsistent, ill disciplined side in the comp.

Storm- Don't have premiership winning halves.

Broncos, Dragons, Eels....we all know why........ :p

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Raiders - Because even at full strength it's nuffy galore.

Souths- Don't have big game players.

Warriors- Are the most inconsistent, ill disciplined side in the comp.

Storm- Don't have premiership winning halves.

what he said

RABK

Referee
I think all other teams except Canberra, Storm, Souths and NZ are in with a good chance if their key players fire.

my view is only 5 teams can win the comp in 2006 - St George Illawarra/ Brisbane/ Canterbury/Sydney Roosters/ Newcastle.

Some teams this year had a season even their most one eyed supporter couldn't believe they could have - i.e Parramatta/Wests Tigers for examples and some others that made the 8 this year won't make it in 2006 i.e Cronulla/Storm/Manly.

RABK

Referee
Who would have thought Penrith or the Tigers would win at the start of their years? I'm willing to bet 95% of their supporters never even contemplated it.

So if you look at a team like Manly who have bought well, you just never know...it could be their year.

I agree though, every second year it's a big gun year where one of the original favourites win the comp. My tip, Knights vs Bulldogs grand final.

Jimbo

Immortal
Waiting for the barrage of halfwits to say Cronulla, simply because they haven't won it before...

marshall stalin said:
my view is only 5 teams can win the comp in 2006 - St George Illawarra/ Brisbane/ Canterbury/Sydney Roosters/ Newcastle.

Some teams this year had a season even their most one eyed supporter couldn't believe they could have - i.e Parramatta/Wests Tigers for examples and some others that made the 8 this year won't make it in 2006 i.e Cronulla/Storm/Manly.

i will sum up each teams chances in 1 word
st george...choke
brisbane ... chance
eels ...choke
raiders.injuries
dogs..chance
roosters...finch
tigers.. chance
panthers..slim
souths..no
sharks..laughable
manly..no
cowboys.chance
knights.chance
storm.slim
warriors.no

wittyfan

Referee
There was a lot to like about the Bulldogs in the latter half of 2005 and they are set for a great 2006.

Misty Bee

First Grade
There was a lot to like about the Bulldogs in the latter half of 2005 and they are set for a great 2006.

Especially the games v Parra and Wests!

Souths will win the comp - therefore maintaining the utter unpredictability of the comp.

Rammo

Juniors
sullyfan said:

Who gives a sh*t.

If I recall correctly, the Tigers had a sh*t ending to 04' and won the title in 05'.

Previous seasons have no bearing at all on teams prospects.

So many players come and go from plenty of teams so its too hard to call.

Plus there's the injury factor, and the Tri-Nations hangover factor.

Mr Saab

Referee
sullyfan said:

just like there was alot to like about the tigers in 04 when smashed back to back weeks (space of 5 days really) by 50-0 and 56-0 (dragons/roosters)..
what happened in 05 again?

Rammo

Juniors
The Roosters cannot win the comp because they have 2 halves that both rely on a good partner.

When both your halves are relying on a good partner, it is a recipe for disaster.

They will never win a comp with Finch at halfback, and with Stuart saying that Finch will be the no.7 next year, it makes peoples predictions for next season much easier because they can already eliminate 1 team.

Rammo

Juniors
Sullyfan I don't think you are in any position to bag other teams prospects, they all have more of a chance than the Sharks.