What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Cannot Win The Comp In 2006

who cannot win the comp in 2006 and why

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • Nth Queensland

Votes: 27 12.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 41 18.2%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 34 15.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 112 49.8%
  • Manly

Votes: 66 29.3%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 54 24.0%
  • Penrith

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 87 38.7%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • South Sydney

Votes: 100 44.4%
  • Canberra

Votes: 119 52.9%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 28 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
Canberra were also given no chance by anybody this year. Many tipped them for last and they made us all look foolish by coming 14th.

with a f**king DISGRACEFUL injury toll, all pretty much direct impact injuries... cant imagine we will get that unlucky 2 years straight, so i suspect a much much better year

Tigerpete

Juniors
Well considering you still have Jason Smith and Simon Woolford on your books there's 2 players who have extended periods on the sidelines for obvious reasons almost gauranteed in 2006.

The only sides i will rule out are Cronulla , New Zealand and Canberra. While they all could make the 8,. they dont have squads that can win the competition.

Smartman said:
Tigers - Had the best run of injuries ive seen in a long time. Wont win but will be finalists

Cowboys - Could be their year although the Rauhihi loss will hurt.

Parramatta - If only the title went to first past the post. This years loss will haunt them.

Dragons - Their last chance for a few years. Could get there.

Broncos - If only the comp was for 20 rounds, they will be specials.

Melbourne - Loss of Orford is huge. Fring finalists at best.

Sharks - A rabble of a club with player dissention ie Adam Dykes. Seriously think they will be foot of the ladder.

Manly - Will move up a couple of spots and come 6th. Wont do much damage in the finals though.

Canterbury - The worst luck with injury in a very long time. Will bounce back as a premiership force.

Easts - A Finch/Anasta combo plus a pretty thin front row. Fringe finalists at best

Panthers- A good chance for a finals spot and anything further is upto them.

Souths - Hope for the best to sneak into the 8 and thats it.

Warriors - Will make it and like penrith will be upto them if they go any further

Raiders - A rebuilding team with a 33 yr old 5/8th as their only attacking option. 12th -15th

Newcastle - If Joey stays injury free and fires then they're a dark horse for the premiership. If joey is injured for most of the year then potential wooden spooners. Simple.

I couldn't agree more.

always a raider

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
The only sides i will rule out are Cronulla , New Zealand and Canberra. While they all could make the 8,. they dont have squads that can win the competition.

Some people have learned nothing from 2005.

This time last year did the tigers have the squad to win a competition?
chook raffle dont count either.

Tom Arber

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Waiting for the barrage of halfwits to say Cronulla, simply because they haven't won it before...

Not so much that they haven't won it before, more that they are completely useless...

dubby

Bench
Now we've got Tigers fans who think they're all that....:?

Just remember this time last year tigerpete and co, your team was considered rank outsiders to win anything, let alone make the 8. Before you go looking down your nose to us, just remember where you came from and the chances you guys were given.

I for one give the Raiders a good chance of making the 8. So you can laugh, giggle and wink all you like dude, but even if our 5/8 is 33 he is still good enought to be selected for QLD, something not even Prince could do! :cool:
J SMith is one of the best ball players in the comp, and for the record, his brother Darren is 37 and still going strong. If your good enough, you get picked, regardless of how old you are.

I for one will enjoy watching the Tigers fall back to earth next year, with a loud thump.

Mr Saab

Referee
glad to see that i revolve around your forum time...you love to quote everything i say.

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:
with a f**king DISGRACEFUL injury toll, all pretty much direct impact injuries... cant imagine we will get that unlucky 2 years straight, so i suspect a much much better year

You guys could have your top 17 on the park for 26 rounds and you still wouldnt make the eight

tiger_nick

Bench
dubby said:
I for one give the Raiders a good chance of making the 8. So you can laugh, giggle and wink all you like dude, but even if our 5/8 is 33 he is still good enought to be selected for QLD, something not even Prince could do! :cool:

Prince and Smith were both in the squad of 22. They got as far as each other

raider_ktj

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
You guys could have your top 17 on the park for 26 rounds and you still wouldnt make the eight
we had almost, or a full strength team for the first half of the season and were tied for 1st place for a few weeks. So yes, we could make the 8

sydraider

First Grade
Jason Smith played 19 games in 2005, two of those missed games were from a supension, not too bad for a 33 yr old many say spends more time on the sidelines!

If the Raiders make the 8 next year, it will be like winning the comp, which unfortunately in an elliot regime, is as high we could possibly get!

The knights did fair well in the bottom half of the season, yet one has to question the motivation behind some of those wins, which was to avoid the spoon at all costs. Fortunately though, they failed in that quest.

Big Pete

Referee
Rabbitohs
Raiders
Roosters
Tigers
Storm

Decision Pendings:
Knights - If Joey stays fit and if not they won't make it to the eight or won't be a threat however they will be better than this year.
Broncos - If they learn from their mistakes and hae a good build up into the finals
Cowboys - No injuries and more rookies

salivor

First Grade
Brisbane, we're lacking a decent winger and a couple of mobile backrowers to accompany Stagg to be anything but another bloody c**k tease for the 6th year in the row.

Iafeta

Referee
A lot have written off Canberra; I have this wierd feeling they could get to a major semi final...

Just have a feeling Canberra are going to change their game plan a bit and start to give young Carney a bit of "creative freedom".

smeghead

Bench
I am making the prediction that the qualifying finals will involve

1. Tigers (my bias and I think we have bought well)
2. Raiders (A pay back for wretched luck this year)
3. Souths ( I just think it has to happen eventually)
4. Sharks (For my own amusement)