What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who did you listen to in your earlier days?

Lets say by earlier days i mean before highschool or in the younger highschool grades..

When i was in primary school i was into groups such as East 17 and Kulcha, mark morrison was also pretty cool as well. :lol:

I know there are a heap more i listened to, cant remember at the moment though.

Talk about a genre change.. East 17 back then to Static X now :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
When I was in primary school I liked the Presidents of the USA, Bob Marley and the Offspring. I still like all three these days, but my tastes have grown and expanded.

When I was in Primary School I was into Herman's Hermits. My old man bought me their album for my birthday... 9th or 10th.

I had an interim period in the early 1970's where I was into pop but that didn't last too long.

High School was when I discovered Zeppelin, Status Quo, Queen, Slade and and a few others and I still listen to them 30 years later. I remember hearing A Night at the Opera for the first time, full blast through stereo headphones for the first time. The Prophet's Song blew me away.

Phillips

Referee
when i was in primary school, i listened to a lot of my dads CDs.....like Midnight Oil, Queen, AC/DC, Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel and more..

SP

Bench
didnt get into music until i was about 12 yrs old, and i liked Savage Garden, didnt mind some U2 at the time and also presidents of the usa

Also liked Boombastic by Shaggy which was the first ever cd i bought

les norton

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
Lets say by earlier days i mean before highschool or in the younger highschool grades..

When i was in primary school i was into groups such as East 17 and Kulcha, mark morrison was also pretty cool as well. :lol:

I know there are a heap more i listened to, cant remember at the moment though.

Talk about a genre change.. East 17 back then to Static X now :lol:

I saw East 17 at Teenage Rampage....how jealous are you? ;-)

PLus Kutcha and peter andre....i know...whatta line up!!

ThrashViking

Juniors
Mainly Anthrax, Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, ACDC, Overkill, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue and Skid Row
Those where the good ol' days...

Kakihara

Juniors
This topic came up on another forum i'm apart of a while ago so i'll just copy what i wrote from there.

Primary School -
Michael Jackson, Kriss Kross, Early to mid 80's Punk and hardcore bands e.g. Bad Brains, Gang Green, Adolescents, Agent Orange, Misfits, The Dickies.
Guns n Roses, Music from my home land,
Heaps of those one hit wonder dance hits like Real Mc Coy, culture beat.

Intermediate School -
Early 90's late 80's punk bands eg. Pennywise, Sticky Filth, Fugazi, Offspring, Most late 80's early 90's Hardcore bands eg Chain Of Strength, Gorilla Biscuits, Bold, the occasional Michael Jackson song, Heaps of those Rnb and Rap groups like boyz 2 men and Coolio.

High School -
Pretty much all hardcore bands and was a huge fan of skate punk bands like Cigar, Cheater, Satanic Surfers. Rap groups like Gravediggaz, Gangstarr, Wu Tang, rock bands like Radiohead, Weezer.

I'm 21 yrs old now and been listening to Hardcore most of my life but didnt start listening to metal till out of school and i aint ashamed of once being a Michael Jackson fan either.

Once Dead

Bench
I listened to that commercial techno stuff........argh......then started listening to Nirvana and Korn, thankfully my tastes improved vastly

NWA, Bone thugs~n~harmony, Kriss Kross, Onyx, Gravediggaz, Coolio, Wu-Tang Clan, Jodeci, Boyz II Men, hahaha and as CH said Kulcha wit tha progam turn out the lights hot sex on the slow jam..

princessjen

Juniors
i'm only in yr 10 so the music i listened to back in the day wasn't really out that long ago. I was such a little pop addict, all the really stupid groups like Spice Girls i loved them, haha.
now i hate all pop music

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
I believe there was a time I was a bit of a fan of the Presidents of the USA. Offspring was alright, most I got into music was through a lot of punk stuff, a lot of the bands these days aren't as good as their old stuff unfortunately, but there seemed to be one huge wave of awesome albums.

Was also a huge fan of Belinda Carlisle, and also the Go Go's. Still am, thoroughly enjoyed watching her on her tour here last year with the "Here and Now" shows.. An experience I will never forget. Will be hard for me to ever find someone so appealing.

Samwise

Bench
primary school kiddy - bush, no doubt, diana ah naid, gangsta rap, that asshole song by denis leary, top 40 sh!t like sweat alalalala long, east 17, etc etc. (ie no exposure to good music,jumped on the band wagon of whatever my big bro liked)

year 8 -9 - i was into metal and grunge. the usuals like metallica, pantera, sepultura, etc etc. also at that angsty age i bought into the whole nu metal scene. grunge bands i was into were nirvana, pearl jam, screaming trees, temple of the dog, soundgarden etc. also some offspring.

year 10 - 11 - big punk/emo/ska fan. anti flag, decendents, black flag, pennywise, no fun at all, jugheads revenge, afi, pulley, blink 182, green day, mxpx, unwritten law, millencolin.

year 12 - i started seeing the light. got back into the actual good bands from each phase i went through, ie metallica, pearl jam, nirvana, UL, soundgarden. also branched out into more alternative stuff and different genres like house / funk / reggae / hip hop (not gangsta rap) / and good old alternative rock.

uni - continued this branching out of tastes, also started exploring stuff before my time or wasn't aware of earlier. Begun appreciating 60's and 70's music instead of just thinking it was old people tunes. really got into the alternative bands from the 80's / 90's. like the pixies, new order, joy division, etc etc.