What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you follow?

In any Football/Soccer league. And a “why” too would be interesting.

Me...

Southampton.

Why?

When I was a kid, I’d watch the English soccer early on a Saturday morning before going to play (for the Bonnet Bay Bombers). Was a highlights show hosted by Brian Moore. I followed the dragons, and saw a team playing in dragons colours. Southampton. So I decided to follow them. Then I learned they were also the Saints. No going back from there.

This was early 80’s and they were usually at the bottom of the table, in relegation danger then they’d escape like a stabbed rat in the last few rounds to stay up. Funny how not a lot has changed in 40-odd years.

Foz

Bench
Liverpool.
Why?
Massive Paul McCartney fan.
In the tv week prior to the 1974 FA Cup final McCartney predicted Liverpool would win 3-0 and Steve Heighway and Kevin Keegan would score goals.
As they say the rest is history.
That’s true.
Actually was following them before that but it makes a better story than I followed them because the Beatles came from Liverpool.
In fact John and a Paul were more Everton fans,George couldn’t care less and I think Ringo followed Arsenal for some strange reason.Not sure or can’t remember why.

Mong

Post Whore
West Ham because life wasn’t meant to be easy :)

Brisbane Roar in the A League as they were my local side when the A League started.

At NPL level the QLD Lions as my son plays with the club at a junior level and I coach there at a junior level. We tend to watch them every week, I probably see more of them than any other team I follow.

For your convenience Jimbo’s answer is in my sig.

West Ham because life wasn’t meant to be easy :)

Brisbane Roar in the A League as they were my local side when the A League started.

At NPL level the QLD Lions as my son plays with the club at a junior level and I coach there at a junior level. We tend to watch them every week, I probably see more of them than any other team I follow.

For your convenience Jimbo’s answer is in my sig.

Jimbo rock-solid..

FC Barcelona

First time I watched World Soccer in 1993, Barcelona were playing in the featured match. They had just hosted the Olympics so I decided to go for them.