What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you want to see promoted?

Perth Red

Post Whore
so looks like we will see a expansion area promoted with London, Toulouse or Toronto likely promoted to SL this year. Who would you prefer went up and why?

For me it would have to be Toulouse. Mainly because they have a jnr base they can develop to produce SL players. London or Toronto are going to be signing existing olayers and therefore weakening the overall playing pool as we see same players but split into another club.

If Toulouse can replicate the success of the dragons then SL will be enhanced by their inclusion.

jim_57

Staff member
Toulouse, Toronto, London. In that order.

I just feel Toulouse would be better for the game because it could be the step needed to make France competitive again. That and they've been trying since 2005.

Toronto would be great for the game as well in a different way,I think they will either get promoted this year or next under 1 up 1 down regardless.

London would be good but it's hard to see the club in it's current situation doing much more in London than they already do in Championship.

deluded pom?

Coach
Maybe if the clubs and the game in the U.K. did some genuine player development we wouldn’t have to worry about an ever shrinking player pool.

Maybe if the clubs and the game in the U.K. did some genuine player development we wouldn’t have to worry about an ever shrinking player pool.
Perhaps if it was a condition of Super League and the championship that all clubs had to have academies the player pool would be larger

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Toulouse, Toronto and then London in that order.

I'd love for Toronto to go straight up but Toulouse have been knocking on the door for a while now - I'd love to see them go up.

Pommy

Coach
I would like to see Toronto go up it’s just a good story for the game and has potential, we won’t ever know how much until they actually get a good run in SL.
Having said that I wouldn’t be at all disappointed to see Toulouse come up, a derby in France would be great. It would also give France some security if Catalans revert to form and get relegated in the 1 up 1 down system.
In an ideal world Salford and Widnes would have gone down with both these teams coming up.
London I just don’t see adding very much at the moment.

Latest posts