What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who gets rugby league?

glockers

Juniors
A couple of years ago after a bad Origin NSW was informed it didn't get State of Origin.

Queensland has now had 50 put on them and people are saying they just don't get Origin.

Clearly no one gets Origin, but just maybe the bigger issue is do they get Rugby League?

In fact does anyone out there at all in the universe get rugby league?

I think Tommy Raudonikis did. But he has passed.

Please nominate people or states or countries that still get rugby league.

It depends who has the best side. talent dictates. And 95% of the time, the most talented side wins. At the moment NSW have one of the most talented sides in history.

Coastbloke

Bench
I get rugby league..

I get that it's the only sport that continuously and deliberately undermines it's internationals so fans, commentators and fair weather followers can jizz over 3 games a year and talk about from right at the beginning on the 1st minute of Rnd 1..

I get that it's a game when the last club match of the year and the aforementioned 3 games are more important to a player than say playing a WC final in front of 70,000 at a world famous stadium like Old Trafford or Wembley..

I get that it's a game where we find a country that could join the current 3 Tier one nations, but we f*** up it's chance to play regular Internationals for 2 years but Origin is OK and other sports are hosting Internationals.

Pretty much sums it up...

Coastbloke

Bench
Bollocks. Australian club rugby league is the pinnacle of the sport & should be prioritised as such & no one rightly gives a toss about internationals any more. State of Orgy is where it's at now. Thankfully.
Ever been to a Ophthalmologist and they get you to look into a lens no bigger than a pin prick? So the view is literally tunnel vision?

That's your view of the game and that's OK. You wouldn't be the only one. Real fans want it to expand Internationally and take it's rightful place in world sport..

glockers

Juniors
PNG get it. People of Newcastle get it. The good folk of Kingston-Upon-Hull get it. The rest, mostly meh.

Fully agree having SOO as the pinnacle of the game just shows how myopic a sport we are in this country.
I will consider this answer as well