What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

Lycon79

Juniors
Are you trying to say that Peter Wallace is a better halfback than Matt Orford. Was this is a serious statement?

Orford is a proven choker thats why he won't play rep football, Peter Wallace is a way better player look at Origin 1 last year !!

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Orford is a proven choker thats why he won't play rep football, Peter Wallace is a way better player look at Origin 1 last year !!
Choked hard in Manly's 40-0 drubbing of the Storm in the grand final this year. :lol:

Orford has had a history of choking, but 08 wiped the slate clean in that regard. He was a consistent star in some very important games.

Wallace is a good player, but he faded pretty badly towards the end of 08. Give it a few more years before he can lay claim to being better than Orford. That being said, Wallace should be the 7 for NSW again this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wesser is still a solid fullback, no doubt about it. That being said I don't think he'll be a big loss for Penrith, nor will he be a massive gain for Souths.
Not sure if the Souths are better off or not, but the Panthers definitely are.

Lachlan Coote and Jarrod Sammut both possess the skills that Matt Elliott wants in a fullback. They both have kicking and passing games, so if Matt Elliott is wanting the fullback to act as a 5/8 in attack as he was with Rhys Wesser, we should be safe with either one of these blokes at fullback.

coolumsharkie

Referee
As many commentators will tell you, this is where the strength in a team lies. I still think Melbourne have it here

1. Billy Slater
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
9. Cam Smith

Anyone disagree?

Who's 1,6,7,9 might surprise this year? I'm going to be slightly biased and say the dogs

1. Luke Patten
6. Ben Barba
7. Brett Kimmorley
9. Michael Ennis

Roosters and Manly go ok with their 1,6,7,9's as well

Poor Ben Barba, his game will be stifled by the hog... you wait and see.

Would you rather have one good performance in a Grand Final compared to one good performance in an Origin. Orford has proven over the year he's got class; didn't choke in a big match, did he?

A few more goodens over the years

Balmain 1989
1. Jack
6. Neil
7. Freeman
9. Elias

Roosters 2002
1. Minichiello
6. Freddy
7. Wing
9. Bonnetti

Black Majik

Juniors
Not sure if the Souths are better off or not, but the Panthers definitely are.

Lachlan Coote and Jarrod Sammut both possess the skills that Matt Elliott wants in a fullback. They both have kicking and passing games, so if Matt Elliott is wanting the fullback to act as a 5/8 in attack as he was with Rhys Wesser, we should be safe with either one of these blokes at fullback.

Coote and Sammut = less heart attacks under the high ball also.
Wesser = :crazy: under the high ball.

Scottey

Juniors
1 - Hunt
6 - Lockyer
7 - Wallace
9 - Marsh

The only one that tops that is...

1 - Slater
6 - Inglis (centre with a 6 on his back)
7 - Cronk
9 - Smithy

mongoose

Coach

orford just won a premiership, wallace played one decent origin game. How can you say wallace is way better? i don't understand the hype around him to be honest. He looks no better than brett seymour.

1 - Hunt
6 - Lockyer
7 - Wallace
9 - Marsh

The only one that tops that is...

1 - Slater
6 - Inglis (centre with a 6 on his back)
7 - Cronk
9 - Smithy

Hunt, Wallace, Lockyer and Marsh, you have got to be joking? Wallace is up and down like a bride's nighty, Marsh has been moved on by more clubs than Phil Blake and Darren Lockyer lokks like an 80 year old these days. At first, when I read this post, I thought I was in the cricket section!!

And Inglis, an absolute champion five-eighth, to be sure

Gaba

First Grade
orford just won a premiership, wallace played one decent origin game. How can you say wallace is way better? i don't understand the hype around him to be honest. He looks no better than brett seymour.

Orford had no pressure on him what so ever in the gf, and even then his team mates didnt really trust him, other players took on it themselves to kick and other moves.

If the pressure was put on orford there is no doubt he would fail under the pressure , this year will show it

Wallace is better because he preformed in a pressure match, and the other players relied on him, which the manly players never did with orford

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Orford had no pressure on him what so ever in the gf, and even then his team mates didnt really trust him, other players took on it themselves to kick and other moves.

If the pressure was put on orford there is no doubt he would fail under the pressure , this year will show it

Wallace is better because he preformed in a pressure match, and the other players relied on him, which the manly players never did with orford
Please remind me who won origin 2, and by what margin?

Gaba

First Grade
Please remind me who won origin 2, and by what margin?

That was his first origin game and i thought he handled it well, and the players trust him,

With orford they wouldn't even in a easy grand final the manly players took the pressure off orford, which showed they werent confident he would have handled it