What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best squad on paper in 2014?

Best squad in the nrl in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
Panthers have a more complete squad. Their forward pack is great and halves have question marks over if they will click and an exciting back line

We have a very exciting back line
Good five eight question mark over who will be the 7 and light in the forwards but like Penrith last year we have great juniors in the forwards coming through. If we can improve on the last 3 years I think Arthur will start luring some established first graders to the club

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I'll be captain obvious and say Roosters

i'd go with the chooks as well, no massive changes and all the buys have had a season together to gell as the other sides who have done similar may take a few rounds to get it together. LOD was basically replacing an injured kennedy so remi basically replaces both in from what I read is a handy prop.

mxlegend99

Referee
Roosters have the best all round squad. The only way the Panthers could be near the top is if you ignored halves altogether, as outside of the halves I think they have a squad easily comparable with anyone, and with arguably the strongest depth. If Soward has a good season (and I believe he will), then we should be able to find a more then competent halfback to compliment him well out of Isaac John, Matt Moylan, Daniel Foster and ofcourse Peter Wallace who will be the first guy to get a shot with him. Which could put us in with a shot at being the 4th best team. But the top 3 are:

1. Roosters - Every position is strong, all players are proven in their positions and they play well together
2. Sea Eagles - Arguably the best spine in the competition. The squad around the backline is not far off the Roosters.
3. Storm - Slater, Smith and Cronk are good enough to make their spine top 3 regardless of who plays 5/8th. The players around them aren't as good as probably even most top 8 teams IMO, but Bellamy gets them doing what they need to do and these 3 guys are able to win games with them.

Honestly 4th spot is wide open for a number of teams. So many strong squads for 2014, but pretty much all of them have a big question mark somewhere. The team who manages to best answer the question mark could very well take 4th spot. But for mine these 3 teams are the clear leaders (on paper). All 3 will be in the top 8 for certain, and odds on the top 4.

Charlie124

First Grade
Eels are f**ken puss.

Panthers have done a lot of good recruiting and rounded out an already pretty good roster without throwing all of their money on a big name marquee, all eggs in one basket style purchase.

Latest posts