What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Has To Go And Why

macnaz

Staff member
JASON TAYLOR for the following reasons

1. IF he is responsible for selecting players such as Milone , Buchannan and Lovett he should be fired .
2 . IF he is forced to select the above players he should tell the club to shove the job up there arse and seek an immediate release from his contract.
3. Regardless of who selects the players he as coach has the responsibility of at least motivating and also improving them players , he has failed to do either .

DAVID KIDWELL

1. Has failed to show any improvement in regard to the teams defence structure or skills while at the club

MITCHELL MOSES

1. Show pony.
2. Massive ego which will produce issues down the track ,while also having a link to Benny Elias could exacerbate those problems.
3. re Ego , would be extremely hard to coach and create team animosity
4. Expensive , we can not keep him and Brooks on $600 plus . Moses imo has less to his game overall in comparison Brooks .

CURTIS SIRONEN

1. His name and hype is driving up his dollar value but his ability it only that of a very average footballer .

NATHAN MILONE

I can think of a thousand reasons .

following players

Buchanan , Lovett , Rankin etc are hard workers but need to be used for what they are , back up players only

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halatau
Naiqama is a back up winger. He is not a centre.
Ballin - never needed him

Brooks needs to be at 6. He runs the ball more than Moses does

Vic Mackey

Referee
Probably make a list who we should keep:

1. Tedesco
2. Woods
3. Lawrence
4. The ball boys

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Disagree with naiqama, he has been one of the few shining lights this season.

Milone, Lovett, sironen, Buchanan should never play first grade again.

Tiger05

First Grade
Naiqama is a gun. He has to stay.
I think it's too harsh at this point to get rid of Moses and Sironen but it's getting close to that point. I think Sironen has the size and skills to be a quality forward but geez he needs to find a role that works for him. Defensively though Siro is pretty good. I think Moses could be a gun as well but we can't keep waiting for him and Brooks to come good.

I more inclined to state what we need. We need forwards with some impact and that can hit in defence. We just got rolled today.

wittyfan

Referee
MITCHELL MOSES

1. Show pony.
2. Massive ego which will produce issues down the track ,while also having a link to Benny Elias could exacerbate those problems.
3. re Ego , would be extremely hard to coach and create team animosity
4. Expensive , we can not keep him and Brooks on $600 plus . Moses imo has less to his game overall in comparison Brooks .

Get a grip please.

macnaz

Staff member
Halatau
Naiqama is a back up winger. He is not a centre.
Ballin - never needed him

Brooks needs to be at 6. He runs the ball more than Moses does

True , although I believe Naiqama has performed well overall as a centre .

To clarify my choice of Brooks over Moses , I feel they both have errors in their game which under a good coach can be rectified however I think Moses isn't the type of player to be told , he is very much like Benji without the special talent to back it up . If we think Farah is selfish and can dominate the club I can imagine Moses being even worse.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Naiqama has been good.

But he's not NRL quality week in-week out. That's just fact.

He couldn't get a gig at Penrith ahead of David f**king Simmons!

He runs up off his line every f**king week, tackle's fresh air and leaves yawning f**king gaps.

Every time.

He did it several times today as well.

How am I the only person seeing this???

macnaz

Staff member
Naiqama is a gun. He has to stay.
I think it's too harsh at this point to get rid of Moses and Sironen but it's getting close to that point. I think Sironen has the size and skills to be a quality forward but geez he needs to find a role that works for him. Defensively though Siro is pretty good. I think Moses could be a gun as well but we can't keep waiting for him and Brooks to come good.

I more inclined to state what we need. We need forwards with some impact and that can hit in defence. We just got rolled today.

I know we need forwards , exactly why we shouldn't be wasting $600K plus each on 2 average halves.

Exsilium

First Grade
David Simmons was a great player, his record speaks for itself and is miles ahead of K Naq.

Tiger05

First Grade
I know we need forwards , exactly why we shouldn't be wasting $600K plus each on 2 average halves.

I completely agree. We need to spend some money and get a pack that can do something. I don't think it requires huge changes.

Jack Reed is a special player,to play in a quality side like Brisbane and still be able to display how dog sh#t he is at centre amongst their overall brilliance is a gift only rivaled by Milone, whose notable rubbish displays are obvious in a rubbish side.

Fordy20

Juniors
Naiqama has been good.

But he's not NRL quality week in-week out. That's just fact.

He couldn't get a gig at Penrith ahead of David f**king Simmons!

He runs up off his line every f**king week, tackle's fresh air and leaves yawning f**king gaps.

Every time.

He did it several times today as well.

How am I the only person seeing this???

I don't rate Naiqama either. He's a good backup player, but unfortunately much of our side is made up of backup players.

magpie guy

Juniors
I'll jump on the who should we keep bandwagon...

Players I would want to keep:

Tedesco - superstar and reason we have won any games at all
Woodsy - will feel lucky that he avoided that game
Grant - solid FG prop
Lawrence - developing into a great second rower
Nofu - class winger
Farah - deserves to see out his contract
Simona - another who will feel lucky to have missed that game. Has seemed down on form but is a solid outside back

Players I am ok with being in the team:

Naiqama - is inconsistent but has had some good games this year.
Ava S - depth/bench prop. You need those in a side
Sue - Solid but not a world beater. Ideally would be a bench player in the prop rotation.

I am really struggling to think of any more players though. 7 players out of 17 I would want in my side and two of those didnt play today. Round it up to 10 out of 17 that are close to first grade quality.

Honestly out of all of those players I would only be upset if we lost Teddy, Woodsy or Lawrence. Even then Teddy is really the only irreplaceable one.

Tigerm

First Grade
For me,
Taylor & staff - final insult was tonight

Naiqama - just hasn't got it
Halatau - lost it a while ago
Sironen - never had it
Brookes & Moses - need to find it
Milone, Lovett & Buchanan - are wondering what it is
Rankin - doesn't have it but can kick goals

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Should also be changes at board / management level as these are endemic problems, not specific to Taylor's time. The whole club culture, staff and player hiring and retention, and personnel management needs to be looked at.
The capitulation against the Raiders is also worryingly similar to when the players started throwing matches at the end of 2014 to get Potter sacked, and they got their way.

mayfieldtiger

Juniors
Farah Wins..Another coach out the door. Put Him as coach for the remainder of the year and see how he goes with the non-tacklers.

drago brelli

Bench
Calling for a new coach might change things for a couple of weeks, eg; players hearing a new voice. Wtigers just don't have the players, especially in the forwards. I'd like to see Sironen leave to a new club, he needs a change. This comp isn't all that even. Salary cap, TPAs may be we need a new system.