What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is excited?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not sure about everyone else but i haven't been this excited about being a Panthers supporter since 2003. The past 48 hours have been sensational :D

Big Mick

Referee
I agree.

I'm pumped.

About time too...I have felt depressed for ages about our chances...and that semi-included last year even.

Panfas

Juniors
I am very excited about all this, the changes can finally awaken the sleeping giant that is the Penrith Panthers!

I wonder if this will help boost the crowd tomorrow night?

I thought i was excited when Elliott got the boot! This is great even if i cant stand Bee sting head when he's commentating

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont know if excited is the right word for me. This move could be the best thing thats ever happened since being admitted to the big show in 1967. It could also end up being a cluster f**k. Given our history I am sceptical about everything we do. I am looking forward to seeing how it pans out, I hope with everything I can muster that this allows us to be as good as what we should have always been. If anyone can do it Gus can, as long as he remains commited. My biggest concern is the reports that Gus needs approval from Uncle Nick, f**k uncle Nick I reckon. Hopefully here isnt much too it.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am fairly happy. I will be excited IF we strengthen our roster for next season. A few poorly performed off contract might lift the next month or so. NO STUART and I will be VERY EXCITED

TeamSatan

Juniors
I think goulds arrival is a positive .

Gould has good football management skills and must see some potential here to take on the job.

With the afl coming next year perhaps Gould sees this as his place in the war for western Sydney.
All we can hope for know is that all the team management can work together in harmony builing a strong future for the club.

Fibroman

First Grade
I've got season tickets on the half way line in the western grandstand, and decided I wasn't going to another game until Elliott got the punt.

I'm making my comeback this Friday, and I've got a few mates that are doing the same, because they too had boycotted until Elliott got punted.

Having Gould on board is just the cherry on the top of the cake. Punting Elliott was the real kicker.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure about everyone else but i haven't been this excited about being a Panthers supporter since 2003. The past 48 hours have been sensational :D

Agreed. The signing of gus has the potential to change the culture of the club and turn us into regular finals contenders. Its the best i've felt since 2003.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Pumped!!!

I think since 2003 the only good signings we've made are Petro and retaining Lewis from Souths. This is a huge power move and lets hope it turns the fortunes, reputation and image of our club around.

Fibroman

First Grade
Whether you like Gus or not, the bloke has the runs on the board and has a fantastic drawing power for quality players. We can't do anything except improve under Gus. Best new at our club since 2003, and thats 9 years.

Doomednow

Bench
I am pumped. Been feeling pretty in the pits for a long time, even for a lot of last year. It seemed like we successful despite our chances.

This feels like a real turning point. Genuinely excited to be a Panthers fan.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I still would rank the sacking of Matt Elliott higher than the signing of Gus.
I think our performance against Brisbane was based purely on the inclusion of Gus at the club.
Definitely a new feel at the club.

Latest posts