What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is Sio Mailangi?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who is the Tongan giant that turned the game for the Reds last night? I don't recall seeing him in the trial games. Has he just signed and where from?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
he was supposed 2 play 4 freo last year but had 2 get a knee reconstruction and apparently speaks pretty broken english!

Alehana

Juniors
definately 1 for future, if he is consistant like last night, he played heaps well when he came on

Nuke

Staff member
My mate and I were calling him Vulcan (after the previous incarnation of Ch7's 'Gladiators' show!

We were actually starting to take the piss out of him by about the 55th minute, because he'd spent the whole game to that point on the bench or keeping warm running up and down the sideline in front of us. We were saying it didn't look like he was going to get a run, then he went on and let rip!

b0rt

Juniors
nearly knocked himself out with his first tackle but! just dove head first into the bloke haha

Alehana

Juniors
We were actually starting to take the piss out of him by about the 55th minute, quote]

hhahah, i love doing that, i did it to tuquiri when tahs played force, i had a stare off with him for 5 seconds.

Nuke

Staff member
We weren't doing it loud or to him, just a joke between myself and my mate, but yeah, heckling players is great fun! Especially when you know they can hear you! A teammate of mine began heckling the winger for the Sydney Bulls when they played here a couple lat month. Worst thing that guy could've done was respond, but he did, and copped it even more! He had a shocker from that point on!

Alehana

Juniors
hahahha, yeh its so fun, i feel like a big of a thug when i did it at subi, but my mates laughed so it was good, at cott frist grade game for union, it was cott v soaks (big rivaly game, bigger than western dertby) one of the players had bright yellow boots and he was on the wing, he never heard the end of it from opposition. Also at the waratahs game, the force winger (cummings i think) dropped the ball from a high kick, we heckeled him about it and everytime we'd see a smile on his face. classic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure I'd have been heckling him (even quitely), he was huge!

When he ran on he was pumped like crazy and even from the distance of the high seats you could see he was ready to kill someone! Funniest thing was after his first tackle they kept the ball on the other side of the field to keep away from him!

His hand offs were brilliant, the poor Sydney player must still be looking for his teeth!

You can tell he isn't going to be on the field for long but geez what an impact. 10 mins before Ht and 20 mins before FT should see him do the most damage.

b0rt

Juniors
he was supposed 2 play 4 freo last year but had 2 get a knee reconstruction and apparently speaks pretty broken english!
correct
was given a go due to 6 players being unavailabe, including delaney who is still suspended for another week, also new into the side was Zac 'the sherminator' Keating
anyone have the whole line up? im not 100% who was on the bench (mailangi, keating and ?) or in the second row (Phipps and ?)
shane seemed very impressed with mailangi when i asked him about him

Perth Red

Post Whore
According to RL News (a cracking read by the way!)

1. Lindegaard
2. Coppedge
3. Kestel
4. Gherardi
5. Godecke
6. Philis
7. Thomas
8. Blake
9. Sheehan
10. Small
11. Phipps
12. McCrone
13 Mcmenemy (c)

14. Searle
15. Tahu
16. Keating
17. McGowan
18 Sio Mailingi

Not sure which of the subs missed out

b0rt

Juniors
i didnt read past the 1st 2 on the bench for some reason
i think your right and jimmy mac missed out

b0rt

Juniors
1st Grade (curtain raiser)
Perth Kiwi's 32 def Perth City 16
Colts (at belmont)
Perth City 42 def Perth Kiwi's 26
Women's (at belmont)
Perth Kiwi's 16 def Perth City 6

Alehana

Juniors
Is there a Perth Kiwis team? thats awesome, is it just a one off team, are they any good

b0rt

Juniors
every year they play a perth kiwis (international) vs perth city game
kinda a miny rep game