What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best junior player you have seen ?

Suitman

Post Whore
Quite nostalgic reading through this thread and sad. The late, great fisheel also contributed. I miss his banter.

I do too mate.
The other thing about this thread is the amount of familiar forum names that don't post anymore. They were all probably Phàrtman anyway on an assortment of laptops.
Oh, and I got a vote. Lol.
FWIW, I reckon Eric Grothe Snr, David Penna and Mick Delroy were the most talented Eels jnrs I ever saw.

Suity.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1 - Jamie Lyon - I remember watching him against the panthers in reserves. And me and a mate standing up everytime he touched the ball thinking this guys amazing. Blew me away how good he was and how he created something everytime he touched the ball.

I never saw Hayne as a junior and he was in first grade at 18 and never looked back.

Never fell for the hype of keating-Mortimer-Matterson-ZDC-Goodal-Lavaka-Falou. Thou did think Lassalo was a 100+ nrl player.
Amazing how you can still find a way to mention Penrith in a thread about best ever Parra juniors Hindy :wink:

Ivor

Juniors
Never saw him play as a junior, but Brett Kenny's first grade debut was the best I've seen. I was at Cumberland Oval that day and I said to my father, "This bloke will play for Australia one day". He just laughed.

Green River Eel

Juniors
Probably Tim Smith, i had a chat to sterlo many years back when Smith was breaking onto the scene and commented how talented i thought Tim was, he told me that he thought Tim was a lot more talented than he ever was at any age and he said he was the best young half he's ever seen.

Latest posts