What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the Buy of the Season?

Canard

Immortal
Who is the Buy of the Season?

For me its Roy Asotasi

He brought not only tough forward play to the Rabbits, but the "Paul Rauhihi" factor, which is not taking sh*t from anyone in the comp and not backing down when it came to the crunch, this rubs off on the other forwards and lifts there game.

Thoughts?

Iafeta

Referee
Wade McKinnon. Outstanding performance at the Warriors. Makes the sometimes sloppy offload look tremendous because of pin point accurate support play.

innsaneink

Referee
Roy by three quarters of a length to Mackinnon

Dunno if theyre new this year but the center (Pomeroy)??? and stapleton for sharks have also been good

Martli

Coach
I would say Asotasi because his signing enhanced south Sydney quite significantly. While McKinnon was easily the warrior's best signing, he replaced an already good fullback in Brent Webb; he already had a lot to live up to. Wade's more than filled the gap left by Brent and in the process turned himself into one of our more popular players, but not in the same way Roy has for souths.

Simply put: in terms of Net gains, Roy is higher than Wade.

Galeforce

Bench
Asotasi , he was paid a lot and is delivering . so definitely a great addition to souths.

comparative Value for money , Luke!!

Corbin

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Id go with Asotasi but Scotty Logan deserves a mention for canberra

Second that.

I really expected Scott Logan to make a impact at the Raiders, and I still believe QLD honors are not out of the question for him.

lolesi

First Grade
He wouldn't be the buy of the season, but our (Sharks) best buy would have to be Stapo! he has been great all year, and its a shame he is off to Salford next season.

jimmyo

Juniors
Wade McKinnon without a doubt - bargain buy turns superstar in one season. The Warriors bought what looked like a Ford Capri but really got a Ferrari, while Asotasi was purchased as a Mack truck, and that's exactly what he has been.

Jebediah

Juniors
Nate Myles :sarcasm:

For value for money you have to go with Wade McKinnon as he's been fantastic this year for the Warriors and is on much less money then Asotasi.