What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Least Favourite Panther?

TheFrog

Coach
Paul Franze.

Had ability, and a useful short kicking game, but not one to pass the ball to his winger.

We bought him on the back of a knee reconstruction, and he wasn't right for three quarters of the season. His form improved once he'd signed elsewhere though, and he had an absolute blinder in his final game for us, when we flogged the eventual premiers, the Tigers. This of course only added insult to injury.

Disappeared without trace after leaving us.

soc123_au

Staff member
Had ability, and a useful short kicking game, but not one to pass the ball to his winger.

We bought him on the back of a knee reconstruction, and he wasn't right for three quarters of the season. His form improved once he'd signed elsewhere though, and he had an absolute blinder in his final game for us, when we flogged the eventual premiers, the Tigers. This of course only added insult to injury.

Not that it would have made much difference, but at the time I thought he should have been given 2 years off the bat. He probably would have been good in 2006. Coming in off a knee reco & trying to fill the boots of the great Ryan Girdler was always going to be an uphill battle.

Poor Purts isnt getting much love in here. I'm one of the few that liked him. Yeah he was pretty hopeless for the most part, but he tried his guts out. And who could resist those sad puppy dog eyes when he f**ked up. He had the occasional moment of goodness. I remember him starting off a play with a nice offload that resulted to a fantastic Mick Gordon try. Admittedly after the offload it was brilliance by Flash, but spurty purts got it going.

martielang

Bench

Wasn’t he rookie of the year or something like that prior to his reco?

He did end the season well, would of been interesting to see how he went after 12 months. I think he went to union?

Fangs

Coach
Wasn’t he rookie of the year or something like that prior to his reco?

He did end the season well, would of been interesting to see how he went after 12 months. I think he went to union?

Special first season and won praise as the new kid on the block. Probably won that award. Kicked onto french union when he left.

Be careful what questions you ask...you might attract more Sharks fans to our forum.

David brown

Juniors
Richie Williams, Paul Franze, Adrian Purtell, Travis Burns, Wes Naiqama, Currently James Pillow Tamou...

David brown

Juniors
Agree with the OP.

Paul Bartholomew Franze.

He single-handedly knocked us out of contention for a finals spot in 2005, whilst also instigating Luke Rooney's downward spiral form-wise in the process.

Brendan Worth is a very close second.

Tracy Lazenby gets third place
Brendan Worth forgot about that f**king fat derp merkin...

Fangs

Coach
My least favourite hyped local junior: Greg Waddell.

Because he never even played a damn game of first grade!

Fangs

Coach
Signing Elford was never big news for us...

It kinda was, because we never signed anyone. Petro was obviously a big signing but he fell into our hands. And that kind of signing was a real rarity.

I'm sure we can both agree we've come a long way in terms of recruitment since the arrival of Gus.

David brown

Juniors
It kinda was, because we never signed anyone. Petro was obviously a big signing but he fell into our hands. And that kind of signing was a real rarity.

I'm sure we can both agree we've come a long way in terms of recruitment since the arrival of Gus.
We are smarter about recruitment now, we still don't sign marquee players and when we do they're at the back end of there careers... We signed Elford because no one wanted to come to Penrtih we had the worst squad and the worst coach in the comp, It was nothing to get excited over... Our best player was a 33 yr old fat slow petro

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Many of the players mentioned in this thread would be on the lower end of the salary scale.

Hence why I went with Tamou.

pandas

Juniors
Not that it would have made much difference, but at the time I thought he should have been given 2 years off the bat. He probably would have been good in 2006. Coming in off a knee reco & trying to fill the boots of the great Ryan Girdler was always going to be an uphill battle.

Poor Purts isnt getting much love in here. I'm one of the few that liked him. Yeah he was pretty hopeless for the most part, but he tried his guts out. And who could resist those sad puppy dog eyes when he f**ked up. He had the occasional moment of goodness. I remember him starting off a play with a nice offload that resulted to a fantastic Mick Gordon try. Admittedly after the offload it was brilliance by Flash, but spurty purts got it going.
Ok you had a thing for Purtell, we get it...

Vicpanther

Juniors
Matt Elliott and the CEO of the club who appointed Matt Elliott (can’t remember his name but the club went through a dark period under his tenure). It took years and years to clean up the mess the two of them left behind.

We went from the comparatively successful Lang era (admittedly declining but still competitive) to complete shit and stayed there. We won the spoon in our first year with him. How the f**k he wasn’t shown the door right away I don’t know.

Even to his day I get annoyed when I hear Matt Elliott talk out his arse on ABC radio or on NRL.com like he actually knows what he is doing.
So much this. As much as I dislike hook and his coaching Elliot was the worst coach I have ever seen. As for players Tamou is well up there. Also hated coward (soward )

Latest posts