What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who needs Kyle Flanigan the most?

Who needs Kyle Flanigan the most?

• Dragons

• Wests Tigers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frailty

First Grade
Kyle is pretty meh on the field. He's not a bad player, but he is never going to be a player that dominates. He is essentially a Chad Townsend. His kicking is ok, but not good. His running game isn't really a threat. His defence is usually pretty solid.

The funny thing is that Roosters have shown it wasn't a Flanagan problem - they have some structural issues, and when he has played for the Dogs, he hasn't been awful but has been expected to do too much because the halves partner is a centre playing half.

He will only ever be capable of being a regular half at a club where he is more of a support half rather than a dominant playmaker. Both the Dragons (assuming Hunt leaves) and Tigers require a dominant half, so I can't see him being particularly useful at either.

Munky

Coach
Kyle is pretty meh on the field. He's not a bad player, but he is never going to be a player that dominates. He is essentially a Chad Townsend. His kicking is ok, but not good. His running game isn't really a threat. His defence is usually pretty solid.

The funny thing is that Roosters have shown it wasn't a Flanagan problem - they have some structural issues, and when he has played for the Dogs, he hasn't been awful but has been expected to do too much because the halves partner is a centre playing half.

He will only ever be capable of being a regular half at a club where he is more of a support half rather than a dominant playmaker. Both the Dragons (assuming Hunt leaves) and Tigers require a dominant half, so I can't see him being particularly useful at either.

I disagree.

The Roosters did show it whas a Flanagan problem

They wanted a game managing half and Kyle wasn't it.

The problem is that they haven't been able to replace his mediocrity and the skinny kid from the oncology ward has talent but not the body for the NRL.

The Roosters ditched Flanno Jr in 2020. I think Kyle and other clubs thought he could become a game managing half and get the subsequent pay check. I dare say all parties have realised hooker or non dominant half is his position if ge wants a reasonable career.

He's the same age as Nathan Cleary with a similar NRL lineage. Very different careers so far.

This Year?

Immortal
Maybe the Tigers and Dragons can share him, but the hardest part will be deciding who has him on the odd number rounds.
When the Dragons play the Tigers he can be rested.
Sounds fair?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
He is NSW cup standard at best and an average one at that.
The only reason the roosters bought him was to try and get xerri. Could have saved some money if they did some research

sheepbender

Juniors
With Manly signing Luke Brookes and Flanno Snr leaving to become the Dragons coach, Manly no longer remains under threat of being saddled with the ego of Kyle Flanigan on their playing ranks. Kyle rose up the Sharks ranks quickly and was the leading pointscorer in Jersey Flegg but then imploded when he took his ego to the Roosters, and now can't even get picked as halfback for the hopeless Dishlickers.

Kyle might think that Shark Park is "my [his] house", but he burnt his bridges to Cronulla and will never outshine a talent like Nicholas Hynes.

So which club will accept Kyle and his excessive ego?
Ego..? What ego..? Since when has Kyle Flannigan had an issue with ego..?
He hasn't done anything to warrant it.

Latest posts