What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

Rich102

Staff member
There is no point getting rid of him till there is a proven option in place.

Besides he isn't playing like a ruptured duck.

JJ

Immortal
The shit my dog just did in the yard, or the lemon tree we just planted

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Justin Morgan, until they can get a better option.

I didn't think our defensive structure was that bad today. So if that's Morgan's domain, it wasn't horrible. A lot of their tries were from one-on-one poor defensive efforts not structure. Attack, did we score anything from 20m in?

f**k me. Have you seen a football side in history that has less composure than us? Who panics at the first sign of doubt and indecision as us?

As Bash would say, eff off McFadden. I don't care that it's round one, we're not going anywhere under this has never been, will never be coach. He has no history of success at any level, player or coach.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Isn't a coach alive that will turn Manu/Kata into capable defenders

Whoever the new coach is, he better bring with him some new outside backs.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
We used to dish this type of shit up under Ivan too so I don't know if he is the solution. f**ken let Jim Doyle coach the team

Justin Morgan, until they can get a better option.

I didn't think our defensive structure was that bad today. So if that's Morgan's domain, it wasn't horrible. A lot of their tries were from one-on-one poor densive efforts not structure. Attack, did we score anything from 20m in?

f**k me. Have you seen a football side in history that has less composure than us? Who panics at the first sign of doubt and indecision as us?

As Bash would say, eff off McFadden. I don't care that it's round one, we're not going anywhere under this has never been, will never be coach. He has no history of success at any level, player or coach.

Letting in 34 points doesn't really say great things about our defensive structure.
Most of the game line speed didn't exist, structure broke down very easily in the first half, second half better.
1st try, no one numbered up ball watched not man watched,
2nd Johnson sprinted out of line and missed man,
3rd Manu came off his wing, everyone ball watching again,
4th everyone ball chasing leaving massive gap in middle,
5th middle didn't shut it down with slow line speed, winger ran around Manu and RTS caught coming across on to shallow an angle and stepped easily.
6th was a screw job/Johnson trying to do it himself and it not coming off.

I'd say if Cappy replaced it will be a clean swap to new coach.
Toovey for me.

Iafeta

Referee
Cleary. Comfortably. Consistently had us going to the finals. With teams that featured Fien, Rovelli, Witt as their halves. I would love to see him working with this spine, sans papa Robson.

Blair

Coach
Cleary. Comfortably. Consistently had us going to the finals. With teams that featured Fien, Rovelli, Witt as their halves. I would love to see him working with this spine, sans papa Robson.

Well, Witt hardly missed a kick at goal nor did Maloney. So Cleary had an extra six points or so per game over his successors (except Bluey).

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
Cleary predominantly used secondrowers in the backline when we had that good defensive period. (post Tate)
Do we have to go back to that again as it seems we cant find a centre that can organise their wingers to work together.
Manu came off his wing twice and let the opposing winger have a free run resulting in one try and another disallowed due to a foot in touch.
Kata doesnt know how to organise jack shit and obviously doesnt have the kahunas to tell manu what to do. Tate used to yell and scream at his outsides. Trouble is they get these young guys in to the mens team cause they look great in u20s against shit defence, then wonder why they cant keep out an nrl backline. Its piss poor progression planning. Its a shame Nielsen turned out to be such a dud, cause they had the right idea buying a defensive centre that the young players could learn off. Now there is no one in NZ that can teach any of our players how to play centre which is probably the most difficult position to defend, (as you have to make snap decisions) in your own 20 when teams are doing their pet plays. Most of the time, our centres and wingers dont talk and instead of snap decisions, you get brain snaps.