What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who shall we buy?

sticky ricky

Juniors
Well it is obvious that we need some decent players at the club but to date we have still not signed anyone of note which I believe is a bit of a worry.

I think our forwards are strong but we need to do something with the halves and the backs. Who is available and who she we be chasing? Gee I would kill for someone like Hodges.

Boldo

Juniors
I think we should sign Peachey....

Imagine that!!!

Seriously.... We need some fast outside backs.... forwards are ok... maybe don't sign someone like Ben Ross who is too expensive....

McLovin

Staff member
Mateo is the goods. Real stand out for Parra imo...

Ennis would be perfect for us. He can kick goals to if i'm not mistaken.

Soward for obvious reasons...

Surely

Post Whore
Tame Tupou or however you spell it wants out of the broncs, seeking a release.

Jono Russell

Bench
Is there anyone we can sign from super league or that is not currently playing that we can actually use this season?

Our fowards are great but we lack Speed and Skill in the backs.

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
well that one is interesting.
I thought Boyd was average as, on friday.
he has upset somebody up there Mr Tame.

Story in the paper, dropped for being late to an appointment, hasn't had a lookin since.

What good is having fast outside backs when they never get any clean ball?

Our second rowers should be running a lot more decoys on the fringes than they are..

And we need some better ruck plays.

There is another big name off contract K.Hunt, do we need him and how much would we spend to get him.

Tame Topou, does want out, he would be ideal winger with Andeson going to fullback

Mitchell Pearce & Jamie Soward both off contract

I.Solelia needs to be looked at if off contract

M.O'Meley is a must, we need some agro in the forwards.

Off contract end of 07, is S.Berrigan he has been linked to UK, he could cover our dummy half or centre option.

To get many of these, some players must go end of 2007, we need cash freed up, these are player off contract end of 2007, keep or release

M.Brown keep
R.Carr keep
C.Ciraldo release
J.Clarke release
A.Dykes release
B.Henry keep
B.Kimmorley release
K.Kingston release
D.Simmons release
S.Timnai keep
R.Williams keep

In the released players that would free apprx $1M, to chase some of the top quality around, we continue to keep our younger players.

Jono Russell

Bench
why not give J.Clarke some intence ball skills training 1 on 1 style and prep the fugger for first grade again.

He has the speed and potential to be much better then merrit.

We lack speed and he is perfect for it.

Inferno

Coach
Tame Tupou is basically a Anderson clone, not interested to be honest.

Ennis would be a great pick up but I would guess that is entirely dependent on Berrigan staying and I've heard he is headed to the UK.

Hodges, Hunt and Petero are all off contract this season and Berrigan is probably ranked behind all 3 and on par with Thaiday, Tate and whoever else they have off contract.

Definitely need a halfback. The sooner we can get rid of Noddy the better.

Fin

Juniors
I heard a whisper that we have a young halfback lined up for next year, and it's not Seymour (who's seen as a 5/8). Noddy....gooorrnne!

It's only a whisper i've heard, can anyone like SLE confirm or deny? And this isn't a April Fool's gee-up.

Latest posts