What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who should have played??

richie8u

Juniors
looking back i think that we should have taken different players,
in my eyes Priddis should have been taken,
same with Rooney and Grothe should have had a go, ( we need a pair of wingers, King is good, but tate is a center,)
Webb is another that would have been good in that game, and Webke is a massive loss, Price isnt even in his shadow,
and people are having a go at the halfs, both are second choice, and played behind a pack of chimps, only some Joey magic could have done anything, and even then it would have to be special by his standards,
P.S.
i would have loved to see Bowen running arround off the bench aswell,

The Colonel

Immortal
Skandalis, Grothe, Laffranchi, Southern..... there are probably one or two others who could have been looked at.

Robster

Bench
pffft, you guys fielded the strongest team possible and you going could of would of should of, come on guys you sounding like us warrior supporters.

Iafeta

Referee
IMO your pack make-up was all wrong.

Price and O'Meley should be the starting props (although O'Meley shouldn't have toured with his lack of preparation), Ryles should be one prop off the bench and the other should be Anthony Tupou. Also on the bench IMO should have been Dean Widders.

From what I saw, you had several same old same old type players. Price and O'Meley are good workers for mine, and should have been given plenty of ball to show that. Then Widders and Tupou should rotate into it and add some crunch, ala Feka Paleaaesina style at the Warriors.

screeny

Bench
The most disappointing Australian player of the whole tour was Fitzgibbon. He was AWOL v NZ in all three matches.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Robster said:
pffft, you guys fielded the strongest team possible and you going could of would of should of, come on guys you sounding like us warrior supporters.

Not one premier in the Aus team and you say it was strongest possible.

That's ridiculous, even Bennett admitted Mason, for just one example of Bennett's incompetence, was selected as a payback for getting hurt in a exhibition game in the USA.

sooperdooper

First Grade
well i would have got rid of king and tate for the wings. i would have grothe on one with sing on the other with back ups being rooney and tahu. centres stay the same or slot in tate to one of them. halves would have been joey and darren, mini at fb. and then my hooker would have been priddis rotating with wing. props to start o'mealey and price with hindmarsh and o'donnell in 2nd row with kennedy in lock.

bench would have been bailey, (another prop, spot up for grabs) wing, creagh

thats my opinion though

Mr Saab

Referee
no, no fishing. I believe that would have happened.
Johns and Lockyer have not played together at full fitness. Game 1 vs NZ they didnt, and game 2 vs NZ they didnt. (Johns was carrying a knee injury both games)
They are the true superstars of the game and have an X factor about them.
Barrett and Gower....good players, but not superstars.

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
no, no fishing. I believe that would have happened.
Johns and Lockyer have not played together at full fitness. Game 1 vs NZ they didnt, and game 2 vs NZ they didnt. (Johns was carrying a knee injury both games)
They are the true superstars of the game and have an X factor about them.
Barrett and Gower....good players, but not superstars.

The result would only have changed if the forwards had competed - quite frankly we embarrassed your forwards...

WTF is Luke O'Donnell doing anywhere near an Australian team???

Mr Saab

Referee
true the forwards did suck, but i guess it is an unknown what a fit lockyer/johns could have done to NZ. It didnt happen, Oz lost...congrats to NZ.
Happy for stacey jones to have this victory on his resume.

sooperdooper

First Grade
it is good for a great lil champ named stacey jones.

i know i forwards were awful but maybe a johns or lockyer kick pass may have inspired them a lil. just like how the kiwis were inspired.

brendothejet

First Grade
charlie saab?

was it you who i was disscussing petero civon with on a post a few weeks back?

he played a cracker match i thought

*cough*

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
true the forwards did suck, but i guess it is an unknown what a fit lockyer/johns could have done to NZ. It didnt happen, Oz lost...congrats to NZ.
Happy for stacey jones to have this victory on his resume.

A fit lockyer/johns combo as an excuse thats so dumb! its like NZ saying we would have beat you more if cutie was fullback Benji was fit SBW was fit. Lockyer/Johns combo, fit or not will never work Lockyer goes missing when he plays with Joey your better off chucking Big Willie in the 6 jersey! Getting both Joey and Lockyer fit at the same time is impossible except one time not long ago Oct 15 2005 where Lockyer/Joey GOT OWNED by Vagana/Jones!!!!

Iafeta

Referee
doogiehowser_md said:
A fit lockyer/johns combo as an excuse thats so dumb! its like NZ saying we would have beat you more if cutie was fullback Benji was fit SBW was fit. Lockyer/Johns combo, fit or not will never work Lockyer goes missing when he plays with Joey your better off chucking Big Willie in the 6 jersey! Getting both Joey and Lockyer fit at the same time is impossible except one time not long ago Oct 15 2005 where Lockyer/Joey GOT OWNED by Vagana/Jones!!!!

I'd rather Wibby than cutie to be honest. Wibby did a fine, fine job. He should be really proud of himself. I mean after all, he is rated by most as the NRL's worst fullback (then again all Warriors players are rated worst in their positions, and we play a reckless frisby style of footy each and every set).

I'd like to have Stacey being able to organise Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill Williams on either side of the ruck, however. Next year, happy days.

1stNov2000

Juniors
Yeah really glad for Webb to be part of this team. All this talk about Karmichael Hunt not wanting to play for NZ, I'm glad Webb stepped up, made some noise in the No.1 jersey, made it his own and became an integral part of this historic team. Just one of the bros.

Mr Saab

Referee
doogiehowser_md said:

your love for Covell has affected your brain.
Johns and Lockyer have played 2 games together in the halves and Johns was not fit.
Lockyer goes missing when he plays with Johns? They have played 2 games together in the halves. Game one yes Lockyer was quiet, but game 2 he stood up when Johns was stuggling with his knee.
Game one Johns was sturggling with his knee also.

Go and blow your covell blow up doll

Don't think the Johns/Lockyer excuse can be used.

But the picking of an absolutely crap squad, crap team and crap coach can be used.

NZ deserved their win, but anyone who thinks Australia picked their best squad has got problems, serious problems.

Latest posts