Who should replace Lebanon in WC 2021?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2021' started by langpark, Jul 4, 2019.

1. RedVee

RedVee Bench

And probably should be, in order to sharpen the resolve to come to a way forward

2. Force

Force Juniors

Meh....I havent heard anything official about booting Lebanon out of the WC.

3. langpark

langpark First Grade

I think this is not the first time you have made this 'creating another Greece' comment, can you explain what you mean by that? Because right now, Rugby League is doing very well in Greece, both in men's and women's competitions and they are just win away from qualifying for a World Cup. So I'm at a loss to understand what you mean by that. Also, RLIF does not 'create' these conflicts, they are brought into them right at the end, after all other attempts of mediation and internal resolution have been exhausted.

4. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Sorry, this is not a criticism of the people running the successful Greek team at all.

"The Greek situation" is one where the RLIF/EF was forced to expel a League for misconduct, unfortunately creating (for lack of a better word) a situation where the expelled body has government standing and is digging their heels in, and another body has RLIF backing.

My fear is, if the RLIF is forced step in and expel the LRLF as some people seem to want, that the LRLF dig their heels in and we end up with another split. We can't afford to be pushing national bodies towards organisations like "World Rugby League" and giving them legitimacy.

titoelcolombiano likes this.
  5. langpark

langpark First Grade

Ok, fair point, but at the same time, if you have a situation where you have corrupt tyrants vs genuine rugby league players and community, trying to do the right thing for the game, then unfortunately, RLIF has no choice in which one to back. It's by no means the 'easy' route either, as quite often these people have big political clout and are well-connected. But I am convinced that for the long-term good of the game, we must support the genuine Rugby League people. (I am an outsider, not involved in Lebanon RL, so cannot claim to know what's going on, but based on what I have seen, something is seriously dodgy seems to be going on with the Lebanese Federation).

6. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

I know people who have started and progressed new Rugby League nations.
    It's not hard to find "Genuine Rugby League people" who think they know better than the people actually doing the work, who seed negativity and throw their toys out of the cot if they don't get their own way.

Infighting is Genuine Rugby League DNA.

7. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

You can't be called a proper Rugby League playing nation until you have had a governing board split. ;)

adamkungl likes this.