What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who should we look out for this ashes??

Big-Hitter

Juniors
I guess you guys will be aware of the likes of Farrell, Morley, Sculthorpe, Fielden, Peacock, Radlinski and Senior from previous Test series.

However, the one definite starter to look out for is Brian Carney.

As long as he can stand up to the aerial bombardment that Australia are certain to put his way in the first Test (and I think he ca) then he could emerge from this series as a real star.

The guy plays on the wing for Wigan. He's a former gaelic footballer from Co Wicklow in Ireland, who only took up the game at university about five years ago, but he has developed into a real star this season.

He scored two phenomenal length of the field tries against Leeds in the final eliminator a couple of weeks ago.

Richard Horne from Hull could shine if he plays and there are some fantastic kids in the England A squad that plays your lot in Brentford next Tuesday (is that getting screened Down Under?)

RhinoDan

Juniors
Well, as much as it pains me to say it Carney is in real top form just now. Trouble is, Waite seems to be obsessed with trying to play all the loose forwards we have regardless. Sculthorpe has had a shocking season, Farrell indifferent and Sinfield won't get picked because he isn't Farrell or Sculthorpe.
our strongest players are Senior, Carney, Morley, Peacock and if he can find his form Sculthorpe.

Big-Hitter

Juniors
RhinoDan said:
Well, as much as it pains me to say it Carney is in real top form just now. Trouble is, Waite seems to be obsessed with trying to play all the loose forwards we have regardless. Sculthorpe has had a shocking season, Farrell indifferent and Sinfield won't get picked because he isn't Farrell or Sculthorpe.
our strongest players are Senior, Carney, Morley, Peacock and if he can find his form Sculthorpe.

Sorry, mate, you missed something out there.

I'm sure you meant to say: "Sinfield won't get picked because he isn't anywhere close to being in the same class as Farrell or Sculthorpe and can be described as eratic at best and defensively suspect."

In-goal

Bench
Sculthorpe has had a shocking season,

One must remeber that he hardly put 2 games together due to injury, i think if he gets through the NZa game alright he should be good enough.

spooky

Juniors
Scully didn't have his best season and actually didn't miss that many games through injury so we did get to see him week in week out for a fair chunk of time. The thing is, he set the bar very high for himself winning MOS and being head and shoulders above everybody else for two years. So by his standards it was an average season, but by most players standards it was still pretty good. I'm sure he'll pull his finger out against the Aussies.

For players to look out for, I'd go with Peacock and Carney.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watch out for Stuart Fielden. He'll wind up and hammer anyone stupid enough to let him. I hope Mason gets in his way. Fielden and Morley are terrifying, and Peacock's a classy forward as well.

Senior and Carney should be able to menace the likes of Sing and DeVere with their size and strength.

Radlinski, Long, Horne, and Sculthorpe are always dangerous as well.

Long's short kicking game is lethal at times- and ordinary at others.

Chris

RhinoDan

Juniors
In-goal said:
Sculthorpe has had a shocking season,

One must remeber that he hardly put 2 games together due to injury, i think if he gets through the NZa game alright he should be good enough.

Not sure that he has missed that many. And in the games when he did play he looked very ordinary. Maybe it wasn't just Cunnginham on the drugs. ;-)

warriors

Juniors
All of them! Radlinski world class, i wouldnt let lockyer clean his boots! You better pray Calderwoods playin! 3 0 to the lions! :D :D :D

aqua_duck

Coach
warriors said:
All of them! Radlinski world class, i wouldnt let lockyer clean his boots! You better pray Calderwoods playin! 3 0 to the lions! :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lockyer shits on Radlinski, I'm not a Broncos fan, nor am I Qld fan though I still rate Darren Lockyer so far ahead of any other fullback in the NRl and indeed in the world its not funny. Lockyer is a complete player, Fluent ball runner, great defender, great under the high ball, good kicking game, and superb passing game.