What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2022

Sanchez

Coach
Manu staying at Chooks apparently.

club might already be making plans to piss a certain star forward off too due to anti vax stance.
Just so im clear, the Roosters are ditching an antivaxer to keep Manu or the Warriors are ditching an anti vaxer

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I get a feeling he'll get an exemption.
How? It’s not just up to the club and the NRL. State, federal and NZ government rules will come into it as soon as the team travels, or plays at venues where vaccines are mandated.
Unless a player has a legit medical reason for an exemption I don’t see it happening.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
How? It’s not just up to the club and the NRL. State, federal and NZ government rules will come into it as soon as the team travels, or plays at venues where vaccines are mandated.
Unless a player has a legit medical reason for an exemption I don’t see it happening.
things like that normally tend to get sorted out for the big fish, no inside knowledge or anything, just a hunch that they will either find a way around or if they are lucky, talk him into it

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I wouldn't mind us taking a stab at getting Clint Gutherson over either. Heart and soul type player, aggressive, exactly what we need, sort out the position later. Probably centre.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Fellas let’s be real, Guthos looking for a big payday and a long term deal, the only way we have a chance is if we spend money on him. Reportly on 780k, can’t see him coming for any less than 9-950k and 3 or 4 years. And will absolutely be at full back (unless he wants otherwise), which creates a bit of a headache for us, unless Reece is wanting to be a half.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fellas let’s be real, Guthos looking for a big payday and a long term deal, the only way we have a chance is if we spend money on him. Reportly on 780k, can’t see him coming for any less than 9-950k and 3 or 4 years. And will absolutely be at full back (unless he wants otherwise), which creates a bit of a headache for us, unless Reece is wanting to be a half.
Well we might be about to free up $725K of cap 😂

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Knowing whose being discussed, I certainly hope not.
Nor me, hopefully he sees sense. But if he digs in I’m pretty sure he’ll be goneskis with no pay for 2022 as it’ll be a clear cut case of being unable to perform duty of employment due to personal choices, and hence a breach of contract.

Rich102

Staff member
Get the recruitment manager to sign a prop.
Oh wait. We don't have a recruitment manager.
Well get a prop to sign a recruitment manager then.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
not a signing for 2022 or 2023, but Fox reporting that Jahrome Hughes turned down his contract option for 2024, meaning he is free to negotiate this time next year. Could line up well with SJ retiring.

More likely option though is Storm stumping up more cash and years to keep him, or Dolphins getting him.

Latest posts