What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2022

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Papalii makes me mad too, but I would reverse it and say the Warriors were partly responsible, but it falls on him.

The most meters he ran in over 60 games at the Warriors? 135m. Do you know how many times he beat that in his first 10 games at the Eels? 9 lol. And many many more for the rest of the season.

We certainly contributed to it, but that comes down to an individuals effort. Even towards the end of last year you’d think he would bust his arse for a new contract. He never did.
Yeah no doubt playing for a sub-par coach contributed, but Papali'i is a lot on himself. I don't agree that people knew he was good, either. He never showed it with us. A mate of mine is an Eels fan and my opinion is 'he might be OK for you' but holy shit, not Dally M Team of the Year. He obviously needed to grow up.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
64D617FC-7142-4A15-8E0A-9ABE4A3C5B2C.jpeg
Daily Telegraph saying it’s looking likely we’ll get Metcalf for 2023. If that’s the case surely Sharks wont begrudge a young fulla going off to make a name for himself

jaseg

Juniors
Why should we? Rudolf got his release when they wanted him back.

I'm not in that much of a rush, anyway. Would be nice to have him, but we've got a (presumably eventual) 1 year deal for another half to cover that spot next season.. so unless the offer is a player we don't want anyway I don't see why we should.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Im happy with the Evans release.

Not because he is rubbish, but because Brown & co basically acknowledging they got it wrong and fixing the situation by releasing him rather than letting his contract expire and him being around the group for another year.

TheDMC

Bench
He was a poor signing from the get go. He was largely rubbish for Parramatta in 2020. His offload, while prolific, was more of a spud gun projectile fired backwards. Never actually to someone. I thought the warrior's coaches might have seen something in him that I had missed from casually observing Eels games. Nope, just a shit signing.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
He was a poor signing from the get go. He was largely rubbish for Parramatta in 2020. His offload, while prolific, was more of a spud gun projectile fired backwards. Never actually to someone. I thought the warrior's coaches might have seen something in him that I had missed from casually observing Eels games. Nope, just a shit signing.
Have to disagree - 2020 we struggled immensely with props. Both 2019 and 2020 Kane averaged over 100m from games he got 30 minutes or more. Add in a bit of mongrel which we were lacking, as well as an offload, i can absolutely see why they would sign him.

In fact, he averaged over 100m from his first 5 games of this season and only one penalty. Better than Bunty, LAM and JTB at the time, pretty good considering we had lost Fonua-Blake.

Then he got dropped from the game day squad for rd 10 against the Storm, started getting shit minutes and became a penalty magnet and joke of a player from there.

JJ

Immortal
People kept saying he’s a good fella, yet repeatedly wherever there was trouble Kane was in the vicinity

Sanchez

Coach
I probably would actually. Offer him minimum for a year with a 2 year upgraded option in our favour, see what happens

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Berrell QCup 2021
Games:
Tries: 12
Try assists: 8
LB assists: 8
Tackles: 601
Tackle efficiency: 90.5%
Avg run metres: 79
80 minute games: 11/20

Egan NRL 2021
Games:
Tries: 3
Try assists: 8
LB assists: 8
Tackles: 818
Tackle efficiency: 94.7%
Avg run metres: 39
80 minute games: 10/20

Brookywarrior

Juniors
Those stats don't get me excited, Egans are in a step up at nrl level, don't like the tackle efficiency of 90% of Berrell what will that drop to at the next level of nrl