What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we sign for 2022

jaseg

Juniors
Not sure where to ask these, where are you based next year? Sunny Coast, Gosford? Obviously won't be Auckland.

Who will the Reggie's play for?

May I suggest playing out of Robina Gold Coast, with a Reggie's connection with East's Brisbane who probably want to cut ties with the Broncos now.

Suit until you can return home.

Easts are a Storm linked club these days.

And last I heard the partnership was being ended at the end of next season, not prior to - is there a source for that new info?

(side note: answer given in that article for '23 - getting own teams back in.. though QRL or NSWRL not said that I saw)

Redcliffe I believe will be training base for the season with the view to move home games back to Auckland once borders alloww. Which is probably gonna actually work out well with them joining the NRL the following year when we'll presumably be back in Auckland.

Yeah, I figured a dry run for the facilities under an NRL context would be the best scenario for all involved

LeagueNut

First Grade
We’re reportedly looking at Paul Mimiorvski for next season.

Would be a good get I reckon. Please disregard my post above saying that we don’t need centres lol
I like the sound of this but also worried that he'd be playing for his fifth club in five years. Good stable players don't usually get shifted around that much.

Tongue

Juniors
Amicable depart, contract was always dependant the NRL licence.

Hence a partner ship with East's, maybe Jets or Wyong until you can run your own again depends where firsts get based.

But decisions need to be made.
We are at Redcliffe until the end of next season.

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah, Momirovski would be an upgrade at centre. Would make sense as a target too, given O'Sullivan has already displayed an interest in guys he has previously recruited at other clubs (Pompey, Curran, Frei... I'm sure there's one or two more I'm forgetting) - POS nabbed Momirovski from the Souths junior system while he was at the Roosters. And we need a centre more than any other starting position for '22.

Depends on the $$ he's looking for I guess.. no idea what he's on now or what we have to play with (keeping in mind the potential play for Joseph Manu starting - 'officially' - in 12 days time).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
How many roster spots do we have left to fill?
Don't think we've signed anyone since Evans and Fus were released.

jaseg

Juniors
Looking at the guys they brought over to play with Redcliffe in '21... there were 3 young middles (Glamuzina and the Kepus - the Kepus made their way into the QRL team so I'd guess they're the more likely for '22), I wonder if they're feeling good about one or more of those guys? Ah Mau gone, Evans gone, JTB gone, Ale/Frei I assume gone? Pene in, plus obviously the Lodge mid-season signing, but that's anywhere from 1 to 3 spots open.

jaseg

Juniors
Looking at the guys they brought over to play with Redcliffe in '21... there were 3 young middles (Glamuzina and the Kepus - the Kepus made their way into the QRL team so I'd guess they're the more likely for '22), I wonder if they're feeling good about one or more of those guys? Ah Mau gone, Evans gone, JTB gone, Ale/Frei I assume gone? Pene in, plus obviously the Lodge mid-season signing, but that's anywhere from 1 to 3 spots open.

Annnd just after I typed that I see that Glamuzina has been signed by the Knights.

The Kepu twins it is, I guess.

Sanchez

Coach
Maybe they convert Harris, BMM and Curran to middles full time. Marata Niukore might come early too

JJ

Immortal
Not seeing JTB as overrated, who rated him?

Evans sets the bar pretty high, beats out Elliott, BMM, Tomkins and Platt imo, only Dennis Betts had hype to performance ratio…. I’m probably missing someone, but Betts should have a statue