What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to replace Widdop as captain?

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
I'm wondering who'll they appoint to captain with Widdop out injured?
Graham is passionate and a senior player but there's more to captaining than passion/seniority and what do you do when he's being rested?
My other thoughts would be McInnes or possibly Hunt.
Any thoughts anyone?

Hills Dragon

Juniors
Graham is passionate and a senior player but there's more to captaining than passion/seniority and what do you do when he's being rested?
Any thoughts anyone?
I personally would probably go for Graham and Hunt as co-captains, particularly with Frizell injured and De Belin gone. It's hard to give an informed opinion without knowing what these guys are like off the field and how the other players respond to them.

RED73V

Juniors
Any thoughts anyone?
Definite no brainer FRIZELL HE IS OUR LEADER HANDS DOWN

dragon thomo

Juniors
Tariq or Tyson would be my choicr. James Graham will play the same without the Capt and also it is most likely his last year. I would not give it to Hunt as i just want to concentrate on his own game.
Just on Widdop it might be a blessing as it was painfull to watch to many ball players in one side. Also with Widdop now gone we will get some extra speed which was so evident we lacked last night

BennyV

Referee
Lol, Hunt? The guy had a great game but he’s proven to struggle under pressure and is a confidence player to the core, captaincy would overwhelm him!

Tariq? Y’all don’t seem to know what the captaincy requires! He’s a beast and a forward leader, that does not equal captain. Doesn’t have the composure and TBH, it would take away from his ‘enforcer’ status.

McInnes is a worthy option, as is Friz. Graham can be a leader without the (c) as he isn’t a long minute nor long term player at the moment.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Given Frizz still has ice on his balls for another month, I’d put the (c) next to Graham.

McInness to step up when big red is in the shed.

BLM01

First Grade
This forum has all been done last year but I will stick by Sims...he leads by example and he talks it up.
All the others mentioned are too quiet and retreat in their shell and Graham does not want it

possm

Coach
Any thoughts anyone?

It has been well reported in posts on this forum that Mary's preference is for McInnes to captain the side in 2020. In my humble opinion, T Sims would be the best choice with maybe McInnes as the VC.