What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

mongoose

Coach
Phil Gould said there was a big gap between the top 4 and the rest of the pack. So I want to see who everyone thinks the favorite is, dragons, storm, broncos, sea eagles or an outsider?

user_nat

Coach
I don't think we are really doing any better than the Cowboys. So really should be the top 5 > the rest.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I don't think we are really doing any better than the Cowboys. So really should be the top 5 > the rest.

I agree, I can't see anyone winning out of the top 5. Great competition this year in the sense that from time to time there is a stand out team in the competition and then one of the other 5 teams puts in a performance that makes you stand up and take notice. Top 2 finish is going to be critical IMO.

goosie

Juniors
warriors will be near unstoppable . in saying that dragons and storm will be extremely tough but i do think an outsider will give it a good crack along with the warriors.

Snappy

Coach
I just cant split the top three at the moment, and I think the're currently a class above both Broncos and the Cows. Although on their day Brooncs can pick off anyone, but dont think they'll go all the way. If I hadto pick i'd say Manly v Dragons GF.

Fortunatly in coming rounds most of the top teams play each other so we'll have a good form guide come september.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I think it's a race in 5, though the Cowboys chances obviously depend on Thurston.

The Warriors are too incosistent, ditto Penrith and the Tigers, Newcastle have had a season long injury crisis, Souffs are a joke, Cronulla don't have the firepower, the Dogs have proven to be a mirage, and Easts, Parra, Canberra, and the Titans are write-offs.

Saints vs Manly, Melbourne or Brisbane would be ideal.

Beating anyone of those 3 doosh nozzles in a GF would get the Dragon Army pumped!!!!

Snappy

Coach
Cant understand where the Warriors love is coming from. Inconsistent so far and dont have an 'easy' run home with Broncos, cowboys and dragons to play

Lowdown

Juniors
Reward for finishing 1st this year is huge. If Storm snag it - they avoid Manly or Dragons until the GF.

Winner will come from one of these three. Broncos would need to lift starting this friday.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
1) Warriors won't win it. Not enough class. The players they have with class are too inexperienced. The players who are experienced lack class, especially in key positions.

2) People who say the Warriors are inconsistent are probably just looking at the results and not the performance. They're consistent, the problem is that they're a middle of the pack team. They'll bring pretty much the same thing each week but they're not good enough to overcome the odds if things go against them.

dogslife

Coach
It's only a three horse race for mine. I'll hold off on my opinion of the Broncs until Friday night. Bollocks to anyone who thinks Manly's halves can't take them to the GF they're probably the best combo in the comp. Dragons will take it again this year though

HowHigh

Coach
I'm confident we can go back to back, and the other finalist will be either Melbourne and Manly.
Melbourne is the only team that really worries me.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since Origin finished, the Storm have just coasted by in second gear and winning games with minimal effort.

I can't see them being beaten this year.