What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the 1st coach to get sacked in 2021?

nswarrior

Juniors
Cowboys, Bulldogs and Manly have been terrible but my money is on Michael Maguire

Hassler won’t be far behind unless he wins a game or two soon and Todd is using up his goodwill very quickly

JJ

Immortal
Dogs and Cows have new coaches so should have some time.l (similar for Walters).. still feel for Dean Pay tbh, had a terrible squad that turned up each week...

Newbies should be safe for a bit, Walters has had a terrible start too, Hasler has injuries and deaths, Tigers are just rubbish

Newcastle another mention, hopefully everyone gets a run...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If the Cowboys board have any ticker, any player that wants to come in and bitch about Payten should be shown the exit, to hear the likes of Taumalolo and Holmes are voicing shit and meeting their manager after 2 games shows they are piss weak and take no accountability

Campion

Juniors
Holmes always struck me as a premadonna. I think it'd be a blessing in disguise if he left the Cowboys. He's surely taking up a fair whack of salary cap.

JJ

Immortal
Guess with Thurston, Scott etc they not only lost great players but leaders...

Blair

Coach
Guess with Thurston, Scott etc they not only lost great players but leaders...

Plus players like Granville and Hess who were magnificent in 16-17, but have faded badly. They need a new environment.

JJ

Immortal
Plus players like Granville and Hess who were magnificent in 16-17, but have faded badly. They need a new environment.
yeah, the comment above about Holmes made me think of the leadership, at Cronulla the likes of Gallen, Lewis and Ennis would have stamped any petulance out I'd imagine, and presumably Scott, Thurston, Cooper, and Morgan did similar there...

sup42

Juniors
Tood, I recon it will be Todd. He has been too outspoken and well we saw while he was here, he can be a bit shifty.

I think he will be found out, or he will fall foul of management.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tood, I recon it will be Todd. He has been too outspoken and well we saw while he was here, he can be a bit shifty.

calling out JT2 so early might’ve backfired big time. If he’s lost the dressing room already he’s in trouble.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

It was really strange the whole saga of him accepting/declining our gig then the cowboys job.

Would love to know the real story of what was actually going on behind the scenes.

One thing I would say though is it is a pretty sad indictment on the cowboys squad that our boys could handle his "directness" and "call outs" and they apparently can't/couldn't.

It was really strange the whole saga of him accepting/declining our gig then the cowboys job.

Would love to know the real story of what was actually going on behind the scenes.

One thing I would say though is it is a pretty sad indictment on the cowboys squad that our boys could handle his "directness" and "call outs" and they apparently can't/couldn't.

Absolutely. The Cowboys throwing their toys around. Queensland clubs not looking good at all. Its unreal to see it all unfold the way it has. Dear I say the Titans possibly could be the best club in QLD for now and the foreseeable future? Who would of predicted this outcome a few years back?

JJ

Immortal
Strange Walters isn’t getting a mention... is he actually a decent NRL coach, how long will the Broncos tolerate Gold Coast level performances?

nswarrior

Juniors
Strange Walters isn’t getting a mention... is he actually a decent NRL coach, how long will the Broncos tolerate Gold Coast level performances?

surely after they sacked their coach last year they need to give Walters a year plus to turn things around

so far we only have:

- Maguire
- Todd
-Walters

don’t we see atleast 3 or 4 coaches get the sack each year

Big Marn

Juniors
well even Bluey got most of the season before he was kicked to touch. I think most new coaches are relatively safe for awhile. Morris might have been under the pump if Sharks had started badly but they are doing ok.

Blair

Coach
well even Bluey got most of the season before he was kicked to touch. I think most new coaches are relatively safe for awhile. Morris might have been under the pump if Sharks had started badly but they are doing ok.

Unfortunately, Bluey had that horrible 'lost the change-room' situation. I don't think Brown will suffer that fate, if his results collapse this year.

JJ

Immortal
surely after they sacked their coach last year they need to give Walters a year plus to turn things around

so far we only have:

- Maguire
- Todd
-Walters

don’t we see atleast 3 or 4 coaches get the sack each year
yeah, I figure Hook, Todd, Walters, and Barrett are relatively safe for a bit, Brown too - but only Hook and Brown (latter more through having some punch in the pack finally) have shown much - and tbh, despite the better pack we're not going any better than end of last yeat

Maguire has had a few years and not much is improving, Hasler is just strange but has had injury and tragedy this year...

Money's tight, might be fewer casualties than normal?

nswarrior

Juniors
yeah, I figure Hook, Todd, Walters, and Barrett are relatively safe for a bit, Brown too - but only Hook and Brown (latter more through having some punch in the pack finally) have shown much - and tbh, despite the better pack we're not going any better than end of last yeat

Maguire has had a few years and not much is improving, Hasler is just strange but has had injury and tragedy this year...

Money's tight, might be fewer casualties than normal?

the drama has only just started - by round 15 a few coaches will be under pressure. I had forgotten about Hasler - if Manly are bottom of the table he will be under pressure

Reactions: JJ