What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be Wests Tigers Coach in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger05

First Grade
Who is lining up to coach us?

Cmon guys. There would be so many coaches who would love the opportunity.

Its crazy to think differently. The only people who might not want it would be current first grade coaches. There would be a list of lower grade coaches who would jump at the chance.

Its a first grade coaching job with plenty of available talent.

BuffaloRules

Coach
My top 5

1. Farah Captain Coach
2. Alan Jones
3. Roycey
4. Terry Lamb
5. Paul Langmack

Any of the above but with the proviso of Coaching Director- Tim Sheens.
Also Tommy Raudonikis - CEO and have Brian Smith do a review after 6 months to make sure that nothing has been overlooked.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Have to say at this stage of events I just dont care anymore. Little recruitment will be possible to address lack of experience, they must be relying on the juniors coming up and filling the void.

I just hope Payten and Kidwell are not given the gig as their perforamce is equally round up in the WT season debacle over the last 6 odd weeks. Defence near on impossible to spot, attack hopeless and the basic skills of the game accurate passing, catching and positioning just woeful. If Potter is to be blamed, so too must the assistant coaches.

I dont see Potter surviving and maybe for his own sake he should now say he is not going to put his name forward for 2015 season and go with some pride instead of hanging on with the damocles sword hanging over his head.

When he goes I'd love to hear his explanation for the player selection decisions. ie Anasta over Austin and letting Koribete go. I wonder how much salary cap and the second tier cap hamstrung his freedom to make changes. He can never say whilst an employee of the club. If he was hindered by the cap it reflects badly on the club management they let him wear the heat and disgruntlement of the fans rather than management saying something.

Roll on 2015 season. I hope we have learnt something from this wasted opportunity of a season.

Tigerm

First Grade

Well, just about anyone who wants to be a NRL coach.

Remember there are a few looking for work atm.

We are not the worst team in the comp.

Infact, fix the board, a new coach & we would be in pretty good shape.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, just about anyone who wants to be a NRL coach.

Remember there are a few looking for work atm.

We are not the worst team in the comp.

Infact, fix the board, a new coach & we would be in pretty good shape.
The post you responded to was looking for names.

You seem unable to mention any names that have reportedly been linked to the club.

Why do you think that might be?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think statistically, we are the worst performing team in the comp.

Worst defence and second worst points differential (and fast catching Cronulla)
At the end of Round 19, our points differential was -52, Cronulla's was -188
At the end of Round 25, our points differential is -227 (-175 over last 6 weeks), Cronulla's is -263 (-75 over last 6 weeks)

It's hard to find a genuinely good counter argument to top that.

Cronulla have more injuries than us, plus have had 2 coaches this year, lost their playmaker, lost their captain and vice captain to the ASADA bans, and yet they still show some heart, dig in and have a f**king go.

Cronulla have conceded 36 points or more 4 times this year, with the most conceded being 48
Tigers have conceded 36 points or more 5 times this year, with the most conceded being 64.

Tigers have used 32 players, Sharks have used 37.

No matter which way you look at it, I can't see how we can be anything but the worst team in the comp.

Over the past 6 weeks we have scored considerably less points than every other team, with 50 points (can't even average 10 points a game).

Over the past 6 weeks we have conceded immensely more points than every other team, with 225 points.

Last edited:

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
If Sheens comes back I will have to take a day off work and set aside some time for a goold old fashion belly laugh. I would evem welcome it just for the sake of irony. If we started winning games I would die with laughter.

Anthony Griffin would be my choice. Might be able to convince the likes of Hoffman to come over

If Potter has to go, Griff would be my choice from the list, although Hoffman has already signed up with the Warriors for the next few years !

super_coach

First Grade
It is only luck that we did not get the spoon by a fair margin,absolute rabble. We badly need a massive clean out of both players and coaches. We will never know if Potter was unlucky or just not up to the task,but he has to go.

We are now back to where we were two years ago,so our prospects for the future are now also back two years. The glory days are now back to 2017 if we are lucky!!!!!!

We need a coach who is aggressive,young and plenty of passion. I would like Taylor,Kimorley,Griffin or anyone else in that sort style

Tigerm

First Grade

You seem unable to mention any names that have reportedly been linked to the club.

Because I am not privy to who is looking, are you?

If the club is looking, do you not think they are in confidential discussion with potential candidates already, maybe someone still in the final series?

Do you think we will struggle to fill the coaching position?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

I initially stated that there would be plenty of people lining up. I don't have any names because I don't make stuff up.

To me its pretty obvious that there would be lots of coaches looking for an opportunity to coach a first grade side.

Lets flip the situation - do you seriously think we will struggle to get a coach out of Payten, Kidwell, Fletcher or Potter for next season. Of course they all want the job. There will be others out there as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Do you think we will struggle to fill the coaching position?

With all due respect to some of the posters on here this is the key question.

Reality trumps bullshit every day and stating that we will struggle to get a first grade coach is complete and utter bullshit.

Would be NRL coaches usually jump at any chance to be a head coach, it's only the top level guys who are a little selective of where they will coach.

Tiger05

First Grade
Would be NRL coaches usually jump at any chance to be a head coach, it's only the top level guys who are a little selective of where they will coach.

Correct. The only guys who would knock us back will be guys that currently have a first grade coaching job or have something better including not wanting to work. Everyone else would take the job in a flash.

N.C.

Juniors
Lovin' the blind optimism, Tiger 05. Almost the antithesis of conspiracy.

Thing is, everyone else would take the job in a flash.

Just like Potter did at the end of 2012.

But where does that leave us?

Status
Not open for further replies.