What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be Wests Tigers Coach in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger05

First Grade
I cant see us getting results instantly unless the new blokes a magician.

We need a long term plan, we need to continue to rebuild, we need to improve in so many area off field and on, membership, merch, marketing, player recruitment, strength cond, fitness, defense, attitude and a winning culture etc etc

That doesnt come instantly....the GM & coach must click and have a good rapport, these are crucial appointments

I agree mostly with what you are stating. We do need to work on everything within the club but at the same time I think if we get some luck with injuries and some players improve we might have a good season.

I just hope we get a coach and GM who are both up to it. Potter failed and he seemed alright to me. Choosing the right people isn't easy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tiger05 logic:
Kidwell was a defence coach & Folkes was a defence coach means they are the same person.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05 logic:
Kidwell was a defence coach & Folkes was a defence coach means they are the same person.

I didn't say anything like that whatsoever. I'm just stating that your theory regarding Folkes being some supercoach is full of horseshit which it is.

Its simple, rational and logical. Try to post using logic not bullshit.

super_coach

First Grade
We have to appoint a coach with the future in mind. Folkes hard man but I dont see him as the man to take our club forward and I dont see him as the GM of football operations.

Of all the names being thrown around, Griffin is the standout, followed by Taylor and BRown. As for the GM of football operations, you need a people manager with book keeping skills, not a X footballer

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't say anything like that whatsoever. I'm just stating that your theory regarding Folkes being some supercoach is full of horseshit which it is.

Its simple, rational and logical. Try to post using logic not bullshit.

Yes, you did say something like that.

I never said Folkes was a superciach. I used facts to show that his strengths were in the areas as our weaknesses.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
MU, there is a saying that I quite like:

"Dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Tiger05

First Grade
I used facts to show that his strengths were in the areas as our weaknesses.

You didn't use facts at all because its all opinion. You have an opinion that Folkes is some guru. So do lots of people. Thats fine but its complete and utter bullshit like so much of the made up stuff on here.

Tiger05

First Grade
MU, there is a saying that I quite like:

"Dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

I can see someone who doesn't talk to themselves. Well done.

Folkes is a guru and would be a supercoach for us. Dwell in fantasy land if you want too. Its your life.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yes.

So he had better players because they were cheating which puts his record under a little cloud at least.

I'm not convinced with regards to this point at all.

Wasn't Kidwell the defensive coach at the storm ? It didn't help us out this year.

Top story bro.

My rational argument is pretty simple - I have no idea if Folkes is a good option or not. I don't believe in the hero worshiping though.

As for who will be the coach I really don't care. There are a bunch of options. Give the one who interviews the best and has the best resume a chance. If they fail you can move them on.

This made me LOL...seriously, I did LOL
Good luck to you guys, a few battles I hope you win....both of you.

While correlation doesn't always equal causation, it's not surprising that the years we did perform well that Folkes was involved in the club. His emphasis on S&C most likely helped bring us in line with the field despite our draconian facilities and technologies available. He would have also been a good source to bounce ideas off and converse with.

I'd happily have him back. I think he would be of more value to us in the S&C role or as an assistant coach but I would be far less disappointed having him appointed as head coach than say Parish, Kidwell or Payten. Older coaches aren't necessarily out of touch with the game, and Folkes has a proven record given that he took Canterbury to a premiership and has a decent enough win %.

Tiger05

First Grade
Taylor sounds like a good option to me assuming he has learned from his last time as head coach. I see no reason why it wouldn't be announced now though so I guess its still a matter of wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.