What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will replace Reynolds?

ek999

First Grade
Has he even entered his plea yet? Bit quick to ask who is replacing him if he hasn't

Sime_11

Juniors
pretty sure Josh wont get out of this one unfortunately.

personally, I think NSW need to go with a 6 who can kick decently and kick long, cant keep relying on Hayne & Farah. though they are good options to have

Any of these should be picked to partner Hodkinson (no particular order)

Soward
Mullen
Campese
Carney (though I think he is injured)

Id actually be inclined to give Campese a crack, he has good aggression and is a natural leader, we ease the burden on hodkinson. watch Campese's game against Penrith recently, he looked origin material there.

timka4

Bench
Not enough creativity in Sutton. Mullen is the only option imo for the 6.

Great kicking game that can take pressure of Hodkinson, can defend too and has a great passing game

mxlegend99

Referee
Mullen, and if he is injured or suspended between now and then probably Soward.

I think those would be the best two options. Good kicking games, have played Origin before and know what to expect, are both solid and consistent and most importantly for NSW they link well with ball playing fullbacks at club level.

Neither of these halves is going to cripple what Hayne will offer... and they might even be able to give him more time and space to be more damaging. Personally though it would have to be Mullen. He's the best half NSW have and he's still young enough that he could do it for a few years. Soward would be pointless as his best footy is well and truly behind him, even if he is still playing well today.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Reynolds is fighting the charge according to Triple M.

It will be downgraded imo..wasn't that much in it to be honest...if you look at it without the emotions it was more Scotts actions that made the tackle look worse...had to smile at Tates comments after the game ..he said hes never been more frightened in his life......well he musnt have had to much to be frightened off in his life before because the whole thing took about 3 secs...must have a bloody quick memory of his life if that was the case......whilst I don't support any form of foul play I think Tates comments was more to influence the outcome of Reynolds suspension.

Dazzat

First Grade
Reynolds is looking to get his leg-lift downgraded to something a little more resembling reality - like a complete 360 flip of a player.

One will expect Reynolds will be successful - as is the case for most NSW players around Origin time.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Not enough creativity in Sutton. Mullen is the only option imo for the 6.

Great kicking game that can take pressure of Hodkinson, can defend too and has a great passing game

if there is not enough creativity in Sutton for SOO how does Hodgkinson and Reynolds get selected then ? both could be still out there on suncorp stadium and would still have zero line breaks and try assists

Hodgkinson 1 run 8 metres sums it up

hellteam

First Grade
Bird would be the go I reckon. Not like you'd be losing much "creativity", I hardly saw the halves with the ball at all last night.

ek999

First Grade
if there is not enough creativity in Sutton for SOO how does Hodgkinson and Reynolds get selected then ? both could be still out there on suncorp stadium and would still have zero line breaks and try assists

Hodgkinson 1 run 8 metres sums it up

So could Smith, Thurston and DCE seeing as though none of them were able to get any either

Liddell

Juniors
Hayne didn't have to take over anything. A couple of times he was at dummy half on the last and was able to get some clearing kicks away.

Don't make up shit because your boy will be over looked again.

pretty sure Josh wont get out of this one unfortunately.

personally, I think NSW need to go with a 6 who can kick decently and kick long, cant keep relying on Hayne & Farah. though they are good options to have

Any of these should be picked to partner Hodkinson (no particular order)

Soward
Mullen
Campese
Carney (though I think he is injured)

Id actually be inclined to give Campese a crack, he has good aggression and is a natural leader, we ease the burden on hodkinson. watch Campese's game against Penrith recently, he looked origin material there.

Campese has been absolute dog shit this year apart from that one game. Like I'm talking not even NRL standard.

I'd go Mullen, good kicking game and good defender.

ek999

First Grade
Hayne was kicking in the sets when were camped in our own half because he has the longest kicking game and we needed the ball as far downfield as possible.Is it really that hard to understand