What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will step up for Australia A?

yappy

Bench
Whilst I agree Bailey should be no where near the Australian t20 or one day teams, Aus A at 4 day level is about right. It's an sad state of affairs, but he's probably (just) (maybe) in the next best 6. Burns and Smith should come back for the England A game which will improve things, but it's still scary to look at what we've sent over there and think they are close to a baggy green.

beads6

First Grade
Burns at 3 and Smith at 5. f**k Klinger right off. Forrest goes ok but is in dreadful form. I'll lose my shit If Bailey gets a baggygreen. Gee Cooper is overrated. One first class century on a road and he is playing for Australia A is Laughable.

yappy

Bench
Rubbish.

If those monkeys in the Australia A side were available for NSW not one of them would play in front of Rohrer. I don't say that as advocating Rohrer as a test possibility. He isn't. He's a solid First Class bat that will produce pretty consistently. That puts him in front of Forrest (which is why Pete left), Cooper, Klinger (although tbf he did have two seriously good seasons at Adelaide) and Bailey.

Even with our losses this year those guys would be hard pressed to make the Blues. It would come down to a choice of going with them or giving Patterson a go.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Tom Cooper being in the Australia A side makes me laugh.

If it were a fair dinkum second XI then both Hughes and Khawaja would be there - I understand why they're not as they're playing the county circuit anyway, but we're essentially putting up almost our third best batting lineup.

I would have liked to have seen one or two more prospects like Burns (are there any?) make the tour ahead of the likes of 30+ year old Klinger.

yappy

Bench
I would have liked to have seen one or two more prospects like Burns (are there any?) make the tour ahead of the likes of 30+ year old Klinger.

Not really. You'd be talking about guys like Marcus Harris, Peter Handscomb, and Michael Hill but it's way premature for them. A real shame Lynn and Maddinson had massive second year syndrome. Hopefully both will get it back together this summer.

Would have liked to see Glenn Maxwell given a shot at 6 (or 7 with Paine batting up one) and providing a good all round option.

TheParraboy

Staff member
1st unofficial Test: Eng Lions v Australia A at Manchester - Aug 7-10

lions 4/140

Johnson 2 wickets

Probably enough for a test recall :crazy:

148355.jpg

yappy

Bench
For all that's wrong with the selections Eddie has gone very well over there. Unfortunately Johnson did too.

yappy

Bench
Hughes bringing his short game form into the 4 dayers with 135 not out of 246 all out. Warks 3/19 in reply.

Go you good thing.

beads6

First Grade
So good to see Hughes in the runs. I think if he piles enough runs on he will wear the Baggygreen again.

beads6

First Grade
George Bailey is getting a lot of love form Cricket Australia and the Media. Look for him to play test cricket this summer. Hasn't got the runs on the board but he is clearly a favourite with a lot of people.

yappy

Bench
George Bailey is getting a lot of love form Cricket Australia and the Media. Look for him to play test cricket this summer. Hasn't got the runs on the board but he is clearly a favourite with a lot of people.

The best that can be said for Bailey is that he's a better bet than Shaun Marsh.

Latest posts