What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you have from the NZ test squad?

Gaffman

Juniors
So we've secured current NZ test coach Kearney, and if you believe the papers he has final say on recruitment at parramatta. With that in mind... LETS GO SHOPPING!

Here is the current kiwi squad for the four nations. Who would you buy for the eels?

The 23-man New Zealand squad named for the Four Nations tournament:

Adam Blair, Lewis Brown, Greg Eastwood, Nathan Fien, Bronson Harrison, Lance Hohaia, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Sika Manu, Benji Marshall, Ben Matulino, Fuifui Moimoi, Jason Nightingale, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Junior Sa’u, Jeremy Smith, Manu Vatuvei, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Antonio Winterstein.

Sure Benji, but he's practically a tiger for life. Love to see Issac Luke at the Eels.

Joely01

Bench
So we've secured current NZ test coach Kearney, and if you believe the papers he has final say on recruitment at parramatta. With that in mind... LETS GO SHOPPING!

Here is the current kiwi squad for the four nations. Who would you buy for the eels?

Adam Blair, Lewis Brown, Greg Eastwood, Nathan Fien, Bronson Harrison, Lance Hohaia, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Sika Manu, Benji Marshall, Ben Matulino, Fuifui Moimoi, Jason Nightingale, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Junior Sa’u, Jeremy Smith, Manu Vatuvei, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Antonio Winterstein.

Sure Benji, but he's practically a tiger for life. Love to see Issac Luke at the Eels.

I would look at Greg Eastwood, Nathan Fien and Jeremy Smith.

Said him before (and he was off contract this year) and I will say him again......

0-78380300-12659429.preview.jpg

Sorry, this is the best photo I could find of Lewis Brown. :lol:

He would make a great replacement for Hindy long term, imo.

(She would look good on the cheer squad - any term!);-)

Ike E Bear

Juniors

In order of preference (with consideration of our specific squad needs) ...
1. Luke
2. Fien
3. Blair/Manu
4. Waerea-Hargreaves
5. Vatuvei/Perrett

I'd be very happy with two of the top four and one of the bottom three.

Imagine ...

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. Fien
8. Poore
9. Luke
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Shackleton

14. Mitchell
15. Mannah
16. Waerea-Hargreaves
17. Horo

My Bunny-loving wife would never forgive me if we poached Luke, though. Hahaha.

Marshall is undoubtedly super-talented, but I he's the kind of guy you have to build a team around and even then he has a lot of errors in him. I think having him and Hayne in the same team could end in disaster.

None of the NZ squad are bad players, though. I wouldn't be upset if any of them were Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
From Twitter @nospam09

RR: Hot off the press, but not sure how true it is, but, rumour has it that Tigers players want Benji Marshall out of the club?

boxhead

First Grade
From Twitter @nospam09

Huh......that's a strange rumour.
I highly doubt it though....he seems to be well loved by his team-mates.

In any case, players I would take are;

1. Isaac Luke
2. Nathan Fien
3. Greg Eastwood
4. Sika Manu
5. Jeremy Smith

However I think that of the entire squad, only a few of them would ever 'potentially' come to our club during Kearney's tenure.....

Joely01

Bench
Said him before (and he was off contract this year) and I will say him again......

0-78380300-12659429.preview.jpg

Sorry, this is the best photo I could find of Lewis Brown. :lol:

He would make a great replacement for Hindy long term, imo.

(She would look good on the cheer squad - any term!);-)

umm this would be a handy pick up. Can she play?

ParraFan09

Juniors
i think in the backs we're in a good place for next year IMO, and same with our forward pack but our halves are really where we need to sign someone so with that being said i would go with Thomas Leuluai. he's a great player and plenty of experience under his belt these days.

Fein at halfback would kill it IMO Fein has a great passing game and can kick too, is in form after GF win.
He played halfback for us against Souths in a depleted side and aborigines**tely carved up.

I'm backing the kiwi's this year they have the team to do it!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Fein at half would be good but not going to happen. Leuluai is not worth it, he is not that good. If we are after ESL halves there are quite a few that are better.