What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Better?

Who's a better player?

• Michael Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Bulgarelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Robbo over boogs by a fair margin
but robbo is still nothing more than a solid back up for mine

he wont get a start with mogg, frawley, graham, gafa etc infront of him

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I personally think Robbo was going great guns when he started to run at full speed at the defence.

I'd like to see next year

1. Schif
2. Robbo
3. Frawley
4. Mogg
5. Graham

that would be one of the quickest backlines in the league? :shock:

Kris_man

Bench
Gafa HAS to be there, he's awesome, especially his defence. Every game, i'm more and more impressed with him. He has the complete game, unlike Robbo or Phil. Phil, however, makes up for his weaknesses with breathtaking attacking flair, unlike Robbo.
back to the poll question, it's pretty easy for me: Robertson. Boogers has been OK the last couple of games, but in general i think he's got problems - anything but the complete game. he has almost single handedly lost us games at times. and did anyone see that first try by the roosters on the weekend? hodges is not really a very fast centre, but he easily outpaced boogers (not that i blame boogers completely for that try, but it just showed how he lacks the speed to be a good centre. also see that bulldogs game at gosford this year. boogers took an intercept, and only made about 20 metres).

edabomb

First Grade
kris_man said:
Gafa HAS to be there, he's awesome, especially his defence. Every game, i'm more and more impressed with him. He has the complete game, unlike Robbo or Phil. Phil, however, makes up for his weaknesses with breathtaking attacking flair, unlike Robbo.
back to the poll question, it's pretty easy for me: Robertson. Boogers has been OK the last couple of games, but in general i think he's got problems - anything but the complete game. he has almost single handedly lost us games at times. and did anyone see that first try by the roosters on the weekend? hodges is not really a very fast centre, but he easily outpaced boogers (not that i blame boogers completely for that try, but it just showed how he lacks the speed to be a good centre. also see that bulldogs game at gosford this year. boogers took an intercept, and only made about 20 metres).

He was hardly helped by Robbo dropping back for the kick leaving a blatant 2 or 3 on 1 scenario.

thickos

First Grade
If Boogas could CATCH the goddamn ball #-o I think he would have a greater ability to penetrate a defensive line than Robbo so I am, incredibly, leaning towards Boogas. He can tackle, which is a plus.

Kris_man

Bench
edabomb said:
He was hardly helped by Robbo dropping back for the kick leaving a blatant 2 or 3 on 1 scenario.
:roll: i didn't say it was his fault they scored, because it was of course a 3 on 1 situation. you totally missed my point. all i was saying is that boogers got outpaced by hodges, showing how slow he is for a centre.

Kris_man

Bench
thickos said:
He can tackle, which is a plus.
yes, he can tackle the big guys, which is a plus, but he struggles immensley with one-on-one tackles on the quick guys. gee, i don't think he's a good defender at all, quite the opposite.

edabomb

First Grade
kris_man said:
edabomb said:
:roll: i didn't say it was his fault they scored, because it was of course a 3 on 1 situation. you totally missed my point. all i was saying is that boogers got outpaced by hodges, showing how slow he is for a centre.

Centers don't need to be quick if they work well as a team in defense. Look at Shaun Timmins, he was never quick and consistently plays rep footy at center. Boogas and Robinsons combo on D is a shocker.

lotm

Juniors
i don't think boogs is as bad as some people make him out to be. with a couple of adjustments to his game regarding handling and discipline, he'd be a solid (and enthusiastic) first grader. it's fortunate that his problems aren't technique-related, because he'd never get near the firsts if they were.

nevertheless, atm, robbo's the more consistently better of the two.

Anonymous

Juniors
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

I was just flicking through some old posts, and to my abject horror, I discovered I picked Buggers in most of my sides earlier this season!