What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the best hooker

Who is the best hooker in the game?

• Cameron Smith

Votes: 85 57.4%
  • Danny Buderous

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Robbie Farah

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

Stranger

Coach
ShadesOfTheSun said:
I seem to recall Buderus playing all over Farah in their last encounter, which saved the Knights from the spoon and kicked the Tigers out of the 8.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good farrah pump;-)

MattyG said:
i thought you loved the Dally M system Stranger ;-) can't argue against it now that it doesn't suit you, after you've debated continually with me about the issue over MSN. :lol:
Actually, the scenarios fit very well to my arguement.

I have never said a DallyM proves you are the best player in the game. ;-)

The arguements you state that Buds can't play without Johns, in which he has a DallyM to his name without Johns. I never said Buderus was the best player because he won the DallyM.;-)

kav

Juniors
In terms of a hooker's impact, creativity, kicking ability, organising ability, try scoring and try assisting qualities, defense and courage, I would not go past Michael Monaghan.
What a loss to the NRL.

Kav

eels_fan_01

Bench
crouching_tiger said:
Dally M Hooker of the year 2007 Trophy sits on Farah's mantle piece....not Smith's. Can't debate with TRUE FACTS.....

Who gives a sh*t about that, if you wanna talk about true facts. How about workrate of the two players, f**kwitt.

Apey

Staff member
crouching_tiger said:
Dally M Hooker of the year 2007 Trophy sits on Farah's mantle piece....not Smith's. Can't debate with TRUE FACTS.....

if you think the Dally M's are "facts" crouching tiger hidden moron then you have another thing coming. I'm not doubting Farrah has talent but to base your whole (lacking, mind you) arguement on an award presentenation doesn't have much credibility.

smeghead

Bench
Smith currently on performances in 2007

Buderus needs to rediscover some of his attacking prowess to be considered in the same League as the other two poll options

Farah had a very good year. Still unproven at Origin and really does need to pick his moments a little better. I would be very interested to see how he performed in a pack able to dominate a game however.

kav

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
An award is hardly proof that your are NOT the best, is it!

That depends on who's giving out the award. It is all a matter of opinion as "best" cannot be defined objectively unless you use stats as your base. Incidentally, I read somewhere on here that Monaghan was picked in the "best" team of the year by someone only using stats (the guy also picked Chris Hicks in his team who also wouldn't be considered by most people). Case of stats don't lie?

Kav

t-ba

Post Whore
Case of they should have counted up the stats After the Storm used Hicks wing as a tryway...

Stranger

Coach
Misty Bee said:
An award is hardly proof that your are NOT the best, is it!

Im curious, and don't get me wrong the curiosity will go soon enough...

Have you ever made a post where you don't look like a mental case?

A Dally M doesn't prove you are the best player in the game or in that position. It proves you have a great year.

Preston campbell wasn't the best player in the game when he won his dallyM now was he;-)

Misty Bee

First Grade
He was for that year. Otherwise he wouldn't have won the dally M!

Have you ever made a post where you don't look like a mental case?

:lol::lol::lol: from a f**wit who suggest that winning awards is no proof that you are good!!!

If you and I meet in Callan Park, I won't be the one wearing a white jacket dickhead!

mongoose

Coach
Farrah is the most talented of the 3 imo, However Cam Smith has the best football brain in the NRL. If either of them were at the raiders i think we would push for a top 4 spot next season.

Azkatro

First Grade
I don't know how you can argue with the fact that Cam Smith is the only bloke there who has captained his club side to a premiership and is about to become the only one of them who has captained his country. Going on that how can anyone genuinely argue that Farah, whose career highlight remains a Dally M award (remembering of course that Cam Smith has already won the Dally M player of the year award previously anyway) and two appearances for City Origin, is even in the same league as Smith?

Cameron Smith
Ron McAuliffe Medal 2005
Dally M Player of the Year 2006
Dally M Hooker of the Year 2006
Wally Lewis Medal 2007
Dally M Representative Player of the Year 2007

Australia (2006-07); 5 app. (1 int.)
Queensland (2003-07); 13 app.; 1t, 14g, 32pts
Melbourne Storm (2002-07); 119 app. (2 int.); 20t, 244g, 568pts

Robbie Farah
Dally M Player of the Year 2007
Dally M Hooker of the Year 2007

Australia (PM's XIII 2006); 1 app.
NSW City Origin (2006-07); 2 app.; 1t, 4pts
Wests Tigers (2003-07); 65 app. (13 int.); 20t, 12g, 2fg, 106pts

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wish my grandmother was playing first grade for Wests.

I guess it comes down to the old 'club strength' argument. Smith has been in minor premiership and origin winning sides for 2 years now. Swap Inglis/Thurston/Lockyer/Slater/King/Hodges/Cronk/Civo/Price/Croker/Hoffman/Webb/Thaiday for Hodgeson/Morris/Halatau/Whatuira/Gibbs and half a Marshall, and see whose better.

Stranger

Coach
Misty Bee said:
He was for that year. Otherwise he wouldn't have won the dally M!
Really? Buderus played 12/13 games out of 25 if im not mistaken. So because Farrah won the Dally M for that position in that paticular year, it means he is a better player than Buderus? Or infact that he just had a better year than Buderus? I know which one you will pick, but then again common sense isn't your thing.

Misty Bee said:
from a f**wit who suggest that winning awards is no proof that you are good!!!
Hey, quote me if you must but i haven't said Farrah isn't good ;-). Over-rated yes. But i never said he wasn't good;-) . BTW, when you got the coaches award in under 6's, it didn't mean you were a good player;-)

Misty Bee said:
If you and I meet in Callan Park, I won't be the one wearing a white jacket dickhead!
Are these jackets too complicated for you to put on are they?;-)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Part of being a good player is being able to play, isn't it? FFS!!! Therefore, Farah was playing better than Buderus when Bedsy was on his butt in the grandstand. Kapeche???

[Are these jackets too complicated for you to put on are they?

I see you are already at Callun Park.

Jono078

Referee
Azkatro said:
Robbie Farah
Dally M Player of the Year 2007
Dally M Hooker of the Year 2007

Australia (PM's XIII 2006); 1 app.
NSW City Origin (2006-07); 2 app.; 1t, 4pts
Wests Tigers (2003-07); 65 app. (13 int.); 20t, 12g, 2fg, 106pts
Didnt Johnathan Thurston get Dally M Player of the year 2007?