What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Under More Pressure Now, GB or Aus?

We know Australia has started slowly in previous series for a long time now.....but they just looked so poor.

We know that GB will have very little time to gel as a side and will go into their first game under done.

But which side in under the most pressure now.

I think Australia will still be confident they can turn things around. History shows they've done it more then once. But the idea of losing the first two games much be a real worry. If that happens their fate is out of their hands.

New Zealand dont play well in GB and that will give the Poms a lot of confidence. But the GB side will have a TERRIBLY short preperation and running into a Kiwi side thats will be full of confidence either way, or an Australia side that just owns GB so often.....thats a real worry for them.

So who do you think is under more pressure?

I think its GB.

thommo4pm

Coach
I think it's us under more then GB.
They haven't even played a match yet, but if we lose next Friday in Auckland, I think we can kiss the Final of the Tri Nations goodbye.

It's Australia under pressure.
GB play all their matches at home, that will be motivation enough, and after watching the kiwis do a number on us, the poms will be pumped.

***MH***

Bench
Australia can afford to lose this series after being dominant for so long, I think GB will be more under pressure to take advantage of a losing Roos team.

thommo4pm

Coach
so wouldn't Australia be the team under pressure, if they were to become the first team to lose a series or major competition since 1978 wouldn't they cop a bit of a bagging?

We are the team under pressure, not GB or NZ.

thommo4pm

Coach
***MH*** said:
Australia will have to lose sometime, i'm just accepting that 2005 might be it.

yeah we have to lose eventually I guess, so if you think it's this year wouldn't that put this current squad under pressure, being the first team in almost 30 years to lose a major title???

Jackal Dog

Juniors
thommo4pm said:
yeah we have to lose eventually I guess, so if you think it's this year wouldn't that put this current squad under pressure, being the first team in almost 30 years to lose a major title???

But would that be a bad thing? I think the national team is in desperate need of cleaning out and if by losing the series it makes Bennett and the selectors sit up and rethink their strategies it could help us in the long run.

***MH***

Bench
put the shoe on the other foot and think about the GB and NZ who haven't beaten AUS in a test series in 30 odd years, NZ have found a crack in the AUS team and are ready to capitalise....
looking at your quote, i'd expect you to sympathise how much pressure GB and NZ are actually under just like the dragons!

Jackal Dog

Juniors
On a side note I don't think we realise how much GB are under pressure to be successful on their homesoil, I would go as far as to say they need to win the Tri Nations in the next 2-3 years or public interest may disappear.

aussies1st

Staff member
I'm sure last night was the wake up call Aus needed. Aus definitely under the most pressure as GB has all their games at home.

carlnz

Bench
I think NZ are the team that is under the most pressure, why? Because they have just won one game and they need to back it up. If they get hammered next week the Kiwis will be in big big trouble. In saying this, the kiwis only need to win one more game and they will be in the final.

Australia are never under pressure, just look at last year!! They will be hurting and bounce back in Auckland on Friday.

thommo4pm

Coach
I think for the International game and growth of it, that it would be great if Australia lost this tri-nations.

But in answering the question posed by nospam49, I think Australia are under the most pressure.
I have never mentioned what outcome would be the best for the game overall apart from this post.

The interest in the Final if it was NZ v GB would be massive, as it would be the first time in so many years that Aust were not contesting it. Both sides would think they were a chance of winning.
For the good of the game yes Australia losing is probably a good thing.
But Australia are the team under pressure, we are the only team so far with 1 loss.
We could be 0 and 2 before GB even play a game, all that would mean is GB would only need to win 1 game against us and they basically make the Final.

Charge

Juniors
Australia are under pressure more than us. If we loose it wont be a surprise, but if Aus loose it will be the first time in my lifetime. The players and coach will get destroyed by the fans and media and people will start to question if the Superleague is now the dominant RL comp in the world...

Meanie

Juniors
I don't know that Australia are under HEAPS of pressure or anything, if they lose again then I think they certainly are.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
It probably wont matter if Australia are under the most pressure or not, they're easily the best equipped to deal with it.

JonG

Juniors
If Aus lose the next game, the press coverage in the UK will skyrocket. Last years coverage was immense because after beating and drwaing to the Roos before the final there was much optimism and a realistic hope that we could overcome the Aussies. However, when it came to the crunch we got shown up. If its an Aussie/GB final then I reckon the press will think we won't have a chance and wont cover it, no matter what previous results are.

If GB fail to live up to expectations and don't make the final, then there will be virtually no Coverage.

a GB/Kiwi final will be covered hugely over here, as last years optimism will return. Because of this, the pressure is going to be on Aus,but should the Kiwi's do a number on the roos next week - and it only needs to be a draw - then the Lions will find themselves under massive pressure.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
If Australia lose the next game, they will go to England and belt the Poms, meaning GB won't be in the tri-nations final.

Think there'll be a crowd for a final with no GB involved. ?