What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the Eels allowing Hodgson to leave?

Justme

Juniors
Just read on Fox that Hodgson will be leaving the Eels at seasons end, apparently the Tigers have offered him 230K and the Eels won't pay more than 150K. Considering so many players were released last year it can't possibly be due to cap restrictions.

I can't recall ever witnessing such a mass exodus of players as has occured at the Eels over recent seasons, they are now the transit lounge of the NRL!!! What on earth is going on out there?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Self destruction like in the early nineties. But this time the solution is not to lie dormant for several years then buy big. This club will go under if they try it again.

Justme

Juniors
Certainly looks that way. Can't see how it could possibly be the cap as no other club has shed anywhere near as many high profile players as the Eels have done over the last 4 years.

Though Im not an Eels supporter I did admire their football in 2001 and am really curious as to what is behind the mass exodus. Are they in financial trouble?

Cupid Stunt

With whats there at the moment I'd be more inclined to put Graham in at fullback & Burt as either wing or off the bench.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I won't miss Hodgson. Given his form he's not worth more than $150k.

His defence is worse than Gidley's.

Cupid Stunt

El Duque said:
His defence is worse than Gidley's.

To mis-quote the nun from the Blues Brothers: Leave, & dont come back, until you've redeeeeeeeeeeeeeemed yourself! :evil:

No matter how bad his form slump he can never be regarded as worse or as bad as Gidley! :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
is there any truth to the rumour that O'Reilly has walked out on us and signed a lucrative contract to Penrith. :D

Eelectrica

Referee
eelavation said:
is there any truth to the rumour that O'Reilly has walked out on us and signed a lucrative contract to Penrith. :D

No this is a vicious and unfounded rumour - He has actually been signed by the Roosters :p

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelectrica said:
eelavation said:

No this is a vicious and unfounded rumour - He has actually been signed by the Roosters :p

Roosters????....I think you thinking 2 years ahead of me. :D

PJ Marshal

Coach
Eelementary said:
Hodgson, Hodgson, Hodgson...

What have you done? lol

RESURRECTION OF THE THREAD

ive done this twice and both times each thread has been blocked

my answer, moderators are stupid @#$%s :D

Latest posts