What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we not trying to sign Quade Cooper again!!!

MisterB

Juniors
Can someone tell me why Osbourne is not trying to sign Quade Cooper again?? In my opinion he is the answer to the halves problem we are having. Why is Osbourne chasing Sandow and not chasing Cooper who I believe if he does convert to league will surpass Thurston and Marshall as the best half in the game. He will dominate!!!

Put him at Five-Eighth and Mortimer at Half-Back. Mortimer gets the mentoring he needs and he becomes a better player. Robson goes back to Wenty Leagues where he belongs and Parra has a fighting chance!!

THOUGHTS???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he'd have to learn our game which would take a few years and he cant even tackle the dummy bag without being brushed aside

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
wasn't the reason a) the lure of playing in that world cup they have next year and b) the extra say $250000 per year the aru will throw at him on top of the eels offer to stop one of their best going to league

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
wasn't the reason a) the lure of playing in that world cup they have next year and b) the extra say $250000 per year the aru will throw at him on top of the eels offer to stop one of their best going to league

that's assuming we were interested, my understanding is that SK didn't want him

cumberlandcozza

Juniors

have to defer to SK's judgement on this one.... i don't actually think i've seen him play footy apart from the miracle flick or kick he plays in his own 20, that is highlighted in fox news....but, yes we don't need any more turnstiles with our current f and a.

Kornstar

Coach

Neither did DA and had had complete control of recruitment, apparently.....

We don't have time to invest in a convert, the board promised us the glory days, we would be a force, just look at us now!!!

so what's changed since the last time? we made an offer, the aru trumped us and last i heard he wanted to play in the world cup i dont get why he would be looking at offers now

Eels Dude

Coach
so what's changed since the last time? we made an offer, the aru trumped us and last i heard he wanted to play in the world cup i dont get why he would be looking at offers now

He signed a one year deal for a reason... but it just goes to show who was really pulling the strings with recruitment last year.

have to defer to SK's judgement on this one.... i don't actually think i've seen him play footy apart from the miracle flick or kick he plays in his own 20, that is highlighted in fox news....but, yes we don't need any more turnstiles with our current f and a.

Then why are we signing Sandow?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Neither did DA and had had complete control of recruitment, apparently.....

We don't have time to invest in a convert, the board promised us the glory days, we would be a force, just look at us now!!!

DA probably had 98% control...and you're right he probably should of had 100%

Bigfella

Coach
None of what you synod a fact.

And why do we have to listen to it in every f**king thread?

You don't know who chased Cooper, what Anderson had to do with it, how much input Anderson had into recruitment. You state this shit as fact when it clearly isn't, it just suits your particular axe that you grind in virtually every post.

As if the board "promised the glory days". That's absolute rubbish.

Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word fact.

Kornstar

Coach
None of what you synod a fact.

And why do we have to listen to it in every f**king thread?

You don't know who chased Cooper, what Anderson had to do with it, how much input Anderson had into recruitment. You state this shit as fact when it clearly isn't, it just suits your particular axe that you grind in virtually every post.

As if the board "promised the glory days". That's absolute rubbish.

Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word fact.

It was well documented that Anderson said he didn't want Cooper.

As one of the people who voted for them I remember very well the flyers I got from them stating they would return us to the glory days and they WOULD bring us a premiership!

Why is it ok that everyone can sh*t on Anderson and Fitzy whenever they want but we can't say anything about the current board????

As I said, I voted for change, I am glad for change but they were the morons who promised something they could never guarantee, they deserve criticism yet it seems it's not allowed!