What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we not trying to sign Quade Cooper again!!!

Kornstar

Coach
This is what I found

"To Daniel Anderson after the Rabbitohs Game:
Question: Are you building the team you want or is the Board or CEO directing those things?
Answer: I put my vision to the board of who I wanted and who I didn't.
Question : What players are a part of that vision so far that you have selected?
Answer : Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton that's it so far.
Question: Who is the player you are most excited about in the future?
Answer: Anthony Mitchell. He is a fantastic young kid.
To Paul Osborne*in front of *Roy Spagnolo and other board members*last night
Question : Who is choosing what players stay and what players go?
Answer : With the one exception of chasing Quade Cooper all of the decisions around recruiting have been Daniel Anderson's choice.
Question: Who's decision was it to try and*get Quade Cooper?
Answer: Mine"
Interesting that you found something different, Gronk.

jono

Juniors
Anyone who thinks QC isn't worth it better take a look at the try he just scored v the Waratahs.
A lot of Brett Kenny a la Challenge Cup Final 1985 about it .
Sign him , don't give a shit about any defensive shortcomings.

Gronk

Staff member
Kornstar looks like I muddled it up. Yep It's Ossie's idea. All good.

I'd sign him too, watching the QC show at the moment.

El Diablo

Post Whore
None of what you synod a fact.

And why do we have to listen to it in every f**king thread?

You don't know who chased Cooper, what Anderson had to do with it, how much input Anderson had into recruitment. You state this shit as fact when it clearly isn't, it just suits your particular axe that you grind in virtually every post.

As if the board "promised the glory days". That's absolute rubbish.

Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word fact.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5298970&postcount=15

1) What Are We Doing About Keeping Our Current Crop Of Players?
2) Who Are We Looking At Buying In The Player Market?
3) What Funding Is Being Allocated To Junior Rugby League?
4) What Are We Doing To Bring Increased Revenue Into The Club?
we Will Cultivate And Develop Our Junior Talent Pool.
we Will Be Transparent And Accountable.
we Will Fill Parramatta Stadium Again.
we Will Win Another Grand Final
with Your Vote.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep.

I've learnt no one the f**k knows whether Anderson wanted Cooper or whose decision it was to sign him. From the horses mouth it seems he didn't.

And I've learned that there was no reference to the glory days in the 3p campaign statement.

And that kornstar hasn't been able to prove a single one of the "facts" he claimed to be stating.

What i definitely haven't learnt is why this needed to be dragged into pro anderson anti 3p shit all over again.

Kornstar

Coach
Yep.

I've learnt no one the f**k knows whether Anderson wanted Cooper or whose decision it was to sign him. From the horses mouth it seems he didn't.

And I've learned that there was no reference to the glory days in the 3p campaign statement.

And that kornstar hasn't been able to prove a single one of the "facts" he claimed to be stating.

What i definitely haven't learnt is why this needed to be dragged into pro anderson anti 3p shit all over again.

Nothing to do with 3P, they don't exist!

The board made promises that they shouldn't have or needed to!

I can't stand Fitzy but he got caned for everything yet the current board are untouchable?

And I voted them in as I wanted change and am happy I got it but they need to learn from their mistakes and I hope they have! We will wait and see.....

Bigfella

Coach
Fair enough... But dies it have to come up every thread?

On topic, and Funnily enough Cooper and sandow have both had similar games. Both created plenty of opportunities, including tries.

Both came up with seriously dumb plays at times when
they needed to control things.

Cooper's passing game is phenomenal.

MisterB

Juniors
1) I'm sure Kearney would love Cooper in the team, has he actually come out and said that he didn't. I don't know, someone find out. I guess Kearney is good that he doesn't take bullcrap and won't wait for people, if they aren't committed, then he won't wait he'll move on (ala Tahu) But I think Cooper should still be in the plans for next year

2) Worrying about Cooper adjusting to League, i don't think will be a problem. Obvioulsy those who are saying he is not creative, has no skill and no defence, they obviously dont watch him in the Super Rugby games and with the Wallabies. He would be able to work alot more in league with the amount of spacing there is compared to Union.

3) Apparantly Parra have money and I'm sure we could accomodate for a player of his skill. I know, or well in my opinion, Cooper is a better investment than Sandow.

Eels Dude

Coach
1) I'm sure Kearney would love Cooper in the team, has he actually come out and said that he didn't. I don't know, someone find out. I guess Kearney is good that he doesn't take bullcrap and won't wait for people, if they aren't committed, then he won't wait he'll move on (ala Tahu) But I think Cooper should still be in the plans for next year

2) Worrying about Cooper adjusting to League, i don't think will be a problem. Obvioulsy those who are saying he is not creative, has no skill and no defence, they obviously dont watch him in the Super Rugby games and with the Wallabies. He would be able to work alot more in league with the amount of spacing there is compared to Union.

3) Apparantly Parra have money and I'm sure we could accomodate for a player of his skill. I know, or well in my opinion, Cooper is a better investment than Sandow.

Problem is Cooper is not going to decide his future until after the World Cup because his value could be significantly increased if he plays well. The club cannot afford to sit on their hands until October waiting for him him to make a decision because every other halfback will be off the market by then and we'll end up in the exact same position as last year recruitment wise.

Tony Bongo

Bench
This is what I found

"To Daniel Anderson after the Rabbitohs Game:
Question: Are you building the team you want or is the Board or CEO directing those things?
Answer: I put my vision to the board of who I wanted and who I didn't.
Question : What players are a part of that vision so far that you have selected?
Answer : Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton that's it so far.
Question: Who is the player you are most excited about in the future?
Answer: Anthony Mitchell. He is a fantastic young kid.
To Paul Osborne*in front of *Roy Spagnolo and other board members*last night
Question : Who is choosing what players stay and what players go?
Answer : With the one exception of chasing Quade Cooper all of the decisions around recruiting have been Daniel Anderson's choice.
Question: Who's decision was it to try and*get Quade Cooper?
Answer: Mine"
Interesting that you found something different, Gronk.

Bare in mind that the lunch with Quade Cooper in Brisbane happened after the lunch Ossie had with Kearney in Melbourne. In hindsight it would seem that Ando's fate was sealed by then yet he still had control of who we signed with the exception of QC?
This makes the signing of Webb and Maitua interesting because we can at least thank Ando for Webb it would seem and who knows how good Maitua will turn out.
I am happy to hear, in my opinion, that the current recruitment/retention is handled by four people only. SK, Arthur, Nolan and Osborne. It would seem that they have 100% control of that side of things now. Where is Reddy in all this? Good question ! For a club that has been trimming the fat it's interesting that we have two recruitment officers and also two assistant coaches for that matter yet only one person in each of these positions has direct input into the future of our playing roster.
Any way getting back to the topic at hand, I can't see SK etc saying no to QC. He is not only one of the most talented footballers in the country of any code but is a marketing bonanza that our new, highly esteemed marketing manager could have a field day with.

Last edited: