What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we playing the Bulldogs on there home ground?

GT0007

Juniors
I think it was underestimated how much we lose by not playing at our home grounds. I understand the commercial value but surely their is more value in finishing further up the ladder? At least go play 5 ea at home grounds and just ANZAC day and 1 other away

2010Dragons

Bench
Why are we playing the Bulldogs on there home ground?

To lose the game, to lose the home ground advantage, to lose the 2 competition point so we can grab the cash!!

GT0007

Juniors
I believe the commercial value is a myth.

In the short term they get a better kick back from the larger venues but in the long term if we keep losing games people will not only stop going to the bigger venues but also Kogarah and the Gong. I understand ANZAC day although it certainly felt like a Rorters home game, maybe if we were winning and the crowd were up it may have felt differently

Coffs dragon

Bench
Purely based on a commercial and strategic growth decision. Which translates to : bigger & better corporate suites for the directors/management & all the hangeroners plus got a financial kick back to make management look highly competant.

LatK7

First Grade
I'd be looking forward to this one a lot more if it were a packed out Kogarah Oval.

That said if they pull 35k+ at ANZ it'll be a stroke of genius, etc etc.

Elias1983

Coach
Because We are improving the structure of the brand going forward through key performance indicators and because our front office hit their use by date long ago although their tortured use of business English still provides entertainment value.

FT....

You did that wayyyy too well...

I'm worried about you...

You're not gonna start drinking crownies too are you?

Redvpassion

Juniors
Let's ask that question to the genius CEO of ours.

Actually I don't know how you can put Genius and Doust in the same sentence. Time for this clown to chane his approach towards our club or get the hell out.

Saintsified

Bench
By this silly statement no team has a chance against them in the semi finals or grand final

It's a blade of grass and I don't care where it's played it comes down to the crowd, if Saints dominate in the crowd that is the advantage. Ala Dragons v tigers in 2010 semi final, Dragons v Roosters grand final.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
By this silly statement no team has a chance against them in the semi finals or grand final

It's a blade of grass and I don't care where it's played it comes down to the crowd, if Saints dominate in the crowd that is the advantage. Ala Dragons v tigers in 2010 semi final, Dragons v Roosters grand final.

umm...We dominated the Roosters in the crowd department last week...How did we go with that one?

Saintsified

Bench
umm...We dominated the Roosters in the crowd department last week...How did we go with that one?

That's true, but then again it's like saying every home game for every team should never be lost. iMPOSSIBLE

Point is home ground Advantage in most cases isn't the blade of grass I don't think but rather how vocal and how dominant the crowd is when there are two comparable teams. We aren't comparable to roosters just yet mate.