What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we playing the Bulldogs on there home ground?

dubo

Juniors
Next year i am going back to just Gold @ Kogarah no benefit being All in Member when you get discounts like these once in a while........ I miss some games too and already an ANZ Stadium member so that is plenty

Are the beer lines shorter for gold members?;-)

TonyT6

Bench
Look at the positives guys. We are gaining valuable ground experience playing at the ANZ, which will give us an advantage over several other teams in the finals. The crowd is going to be much larger than Kogarah or Wollongong can handle, so it is the correct decision to have this block- buster at ANZ.

Surely that's gotta be in pink text? Firstly, We won't be in the finals.2ndly I think the crowd will be about 20,000(Mother's Day crowds are notoriously low) which kogarah and the gong can handle.

TruSaint

Referee
Word is that Canterbury supporters have been offered a 2 for 1 ticket deal for this match. Nothing for Saints supporters as yet.

Who's home game is this again?

2 for 1 offer went out in email this arvo. RT @DummyHalf: Have discounted ticketing details been released for Bulldogs vs @NRL_Dragons yet

From Dogs central to members. on Twiter

Father Ted

First Grade
Word is that Canterbury supporters have been offered a 2 for 1 ticket deal for this match. Nothing for Saints supporters as yet.

2 for 1 offer went out in email this arvo. RT @DummyHalf: Have discounted ticketing details been released for Bulldogs vs @NRL_Dragons yet

From Dogs central to members. on Twiter

It's our game and yet again the other side gets the goodies. "Right game Real Sucker policy in action".

TruSaint

Referee
They will out-number is 3-1.

a.) They r leading the comp.

b.) Geographically their supporter base is much closer.

c.) Freebies on an away game.

Penalty count will be interesting.

TruSaint

Referee
Forum members,

I have decided to pen a document to the board, with reference to the fallacy that is "right game.. right venue".

Emails are useless, as the "automated " service kicks in with the usual " thank you and we will take your comments....".

Im guessing the document needs to be civil and rationale, otherwise it will go in the overloaded basket of whiners.

The content I have already drafted, but if there are any pertinent points that fellow forum members want included, please let me know either here or by PM. Not sure as to protocol. Remember, we don't want to make this look like a gripe without foundation. It will be via registered mail with a return pre paid envelope.

It may achieve nothing, but nothing ventured , nothing gained.

I fear that no action, will lead to 3 games at Win and Kogarah next year. Our kids may never know these grounds in the future.

TonyT6

Bench

Talking to a mate who's a dogs member he said that they usually get reciprocal rights to other games at ANZ but for our game this isn't happening hence the 2 for 1 offer.

TruSaint

Referee
Talking to a mate who's a dogs member he said that they usually get reciprocal rights to other games at ANZ but for our game this isn't happening hence the 2 for 1 offer.

Tony, what does that mean ?
Sorry, being serious. "reciprocal rights" ? for what .
And how does that lead to a 2 for 1 offer buddy.?

Ps welcome to the forum.

TonyT6

Bench
If the Dogs were playing Souffs or The Tigers at ANZ as they are co tenants they get free entry if for example was a Souths home match.

FlameThrower

Bench
Dogs on fire, win last 4 games with average 1 point...luck, winning ugly, call it what u will...still equals 2 points. We can't give them any sniff of a lead, we do and like last few games we play catchup football, defend like crazy, tackle 100 times more than make stupid mistakes...I fear we have not leant zilch and will be punching bag..

bottle

Coach
Tony, what does that mean ?
Sorry, being serious. "reciprocal rights" ? for what .
And how does that lead to a 2 for 1 offer buddy.?

Ps welcome to the forum.

Tru, our 'West Wing' membership package has a couple of reciprocal games included.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru, our 'West Wing' membership package has a couple of reciprocal games included.

Thanks bottle.
Just going through membership packages as we speak.
The focus will be on diluting our home grounds, and JV commitments broken.
This type of data is vital.. thanks.
It will take me a few days, but I think I can put on a strong defence for our TRUE home grounds.

dino2170

Juniors
im very upset we have to wait more than a week to see a saints game. i mean to say why are we having nothing couple games. FOR WHAT PURPOSE No crowds will turn up MARK MY WORDS

Last edited: