What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why cant the forums go back?

paulquinn49

Bench
Why cant the forums go back to this? Fun times, argueing. Woogers, Ultra, old Azza (new Azza is pretty cool now tho)

Passion, everyone having a go. Now its all fencesitting and praising a losing side.

Half of us bag everything and the other half praise everything. Some people dont even post anymore. This forum has changed for the worst.

GOOD

* New talent coming through the ranks
* More realists who call it they way it is
* Return of Bay56

BAD

* No one is allowed to have an opinion
* Kris man haha (he will get better)
* Disappearnce of my forum enemies (Woodgers and Ultra). Your opinions would be interesting right now. and only now
* No Social thread to distract us from our season

Bay56

First Grade
Good one quinny .... well summed up ... thanks for the vote of confidence.

Yeah...i totally agree with quinny......i thought this was a forum about raiders....
this should be a forum about positives on our team and not negatives comments coz they dont help.

Bay56 ur cool man
quinney....u funny prick...lol

legend

Coach
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I'm not sure where you got the impression no one was free to speak their mind.

I agree there is animoisty but I attribute that to the current predicament the club currently finds itself in.

If we were in the top four, things would be going along beautifully, but when you consider we are playing like crap and the coach.....well the less said about him the better. It's inevitable people will bicker and argue amongst each other but once the off season arrives, I expect everyone to perk up with optimism for the forthcoming season.

paulquinn49

Bench
Nah Legend.

Im not sure if you know what i mean. you dont really post here as much as most of us. What I mean is half of us turn a blind eye to all our clubs troubles while the other half want to discuss them and we constantly get abused by some people.

its quite unfair to think on a public forum a small minority can sometimes ruin a good debate (a mass debate even, sorry i had to). I am in no way a less loyal supporter than the people who choose not to discuss our problems but am made to feel i am.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
I expect everyone to perk up with optimism for the forthcoming season.

Sorry legend but I dont fall into that category .... imo 2005 will be worse or as bad as 2004. I hope I am wrong but there aint nuthin that I have seen that indicates otherwise. Should I be more optimistic, I dont know .. I can only call it as I see it and at the moment it dont look pretty.

Raider_69

Post Whore
there is one major factor that suggests 05 will be better
Jason Smith, he will come from england and bring with him a decent 5th tackle option, they will get us in the 8

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

We have Jason Smith coming to the club!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: #-o #-o

AND Matt Adamson!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, some people just don't recognise inspired recruitment when they see it.

And, look, this idea you have of putting Todd Carney in first grade is just silly!!! #-o #-o #-o He won't be ready until he is 25, at which time, we will let him go to the Roosters.

Plus how can you criticise the coach Bay? Look at the awe inspiring coaching masterstroke he pulled today, by putting Drew on for the first 20 minutes... in HALFBACK.

Some people just don't know when to thank their lucky stars! :roll:

paulquinn49

Bench
Bay this is a great thread. You closed your post so no one else could add to it. In the future you should make it a thinking question so people feel the need to contribute. So your proper response should have been...

Greeneyed .... yeah (not yea) your (not you're) right man... Perhaps I am just a big idiot?

At which point some kind hearted raiders fan would come in and say "No Bay you are an intelligent man and are in no way an idiot"

Then you would have come back and thanked them for their opinion as it made you feel better and so on.

Bay56

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
Bay this is a great thread. You closed your post so no one else could add to it. In the future you should make it a thinking question so people feel the need to contribute. So your proper response should have been...

Greeneyed .... yeah (not yea) your (not you're) right man... Perhaps I am just a big idiot?

At which point some kind hearted raiders fan would come in and say "No Bay you are an intelligent man and are in no way an idiot"

Then you would have come back and thanked them for their opinion as it made you feel better and so on.

You're correct quinny ... now let me try that again

yeah your right man ... perhaps I am just a big f**king idiot ???

*wait for response*

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay... what sort of idiot would have stopped off for COFFEE on the way home from today's match?

OK... stopping off for 27 vodkas (lemon flavoured) I would understand... provided you give the keys to the wife...

But COFFEE?????

Raider_69

Post Whore
come on bay
J.Smith will at least give us a 5th tackle option
thats better than what we got atm :lol:

paulquinn49

Bench
No Bay you are loved around here, you just werent aware of the unwritten posting code. Dont be to down on yourself we have all had a rough day

Which leads too...

Wasnt it great to see Legend posting back here and having a say while shitty. Thats the posting we need around here. Passionate posters not ones who go lie down till they are all calm again and really what has happened to Woodgers and Ultra?

They owned the forum for a brief period and they havent been seen since. This place should go back to having a Forum Captain dont yahs think?

edabomb

First Grade
Ban Bay56!!!! His negative point of view made me slit my wrists this morning, its a minor miracle I'm still alive!!!!! Everything is rosey in Canberra, Jason Smith is going to win us a premiership at 32 even though he never could with Parramatta at 27, with an awesome supporting cast...... I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!

legend

Coach
I can see where you guys are coming from but I believe next year has the potential to be a good year, not a great one. The best we can hope to achieve is seventh or eighth based on the number of new players we will have at the club.

I think guys like Frawley and Ale may add some spark to the backline but we need to see Carney in the halves with Smith for us to be effective IMO. I also hold high opes for the Howell brothers. Don't ask mewhy, but I believe things will be better next year.

I base my theory on players who want to be at the club. Wiki, Davico, Drew and Monaghan will be gone and I believe change is as good as a holiday.

greeneyed

First Grade
HOLD ON LEGEND!!! The coach said we were going to win the Premiership THIS year... as late as last Monday!!! And we are only going to finish 7th or 8th NEXT season, AFTER our inspired round or recruiting and retention?

Latest posts