What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people hate Michael Ennis

Bulldog Force

Referee
It's not his fault that players bite the bait. It's not his fault he gets under players skin. It's their own fault for letting him get to them.

He'll do it to us (Bulldogs) next year when he's at the Sharks and I'll say the same thing then.

He's actually not a disrespectful person. I remember in possibly 2010 in the Bulldogs vs Raiders game (Monday night footy) before Origin 1, both players were named in the blues squad at half time. During the game, Ennis got niggly as he does and TLL took that bait and snapped at him causing a fight/niggle sort of thing. After the match both players were interviewed together and advised that they were now team mates for the blues. Ennis shook TLL hand and they made up. He doesn't mean any malice, it's just something he does ON the field and leaves it there.

ellskimore

Juniors
Ennis used to annoy me. I would watch every game he was involved in and my attention would be solely focused on his yapping and niggling and the subsequent reactions of the opposition. Me and my mates would start betting on which player would snap. It became fun watching players take the bait. Now I don't hate Michael Ennis. He's the only reason I watch Dog's games.

There are plenty of players who are deadset wankers off the footy field. Ennis isn't one of them. Focus your negative energy on those who actually deserve it.

Bronco18

Juniors
It's not his fault that players bite the bait. It's not his fault he gets under players skin. It's their own fault for letting him get to them.

He'll do it to us (Bulldogs) next year when he's at the Sharks and I'll say the same thing then.

He's actually not a disrespectful person. I remember in possibly 2010 in the Bulldogs vs Raiders game (Monday night footy) before Origin 1, both players were named in the blues squad at half time. During the game, Ennis got niggly as he does and TLL took that bait and snapped at him causing a fight/niggle sort of thing. After the match both players were interviewed together and advised that they were now team mates for the blues. Ennis shook TLL hand and they made up. He doesn't mean any malice, it's just something he does ON the field and leaves it there.

Amen, after that spiteful Origin dead rubber where Poore picked up an unconscious Price and the Maroons put the bomb up to smash Gidley, Ennis was the only blues player clapping Lockyer's acceptance of the shield.

He stirs players up as a tactic (which seems to work a lot) and it doesn't mean he's not a good bloke.

Frailty

First Grade
Don't worry guys the NRL will crack down on it next year...

It's not coincidence this is suddenly becoming an issue in the media at this time of year.

adamkungl

Immortal
Frailty and his Sharks mates are having a sooky la la convinced that their club's multitude of unfathomable f**kups is somehow an NRL/Roosters conspiracy.

As for the Australian Captain.

Finch asked Freddy and Joey if they ever copped that kind of disrespect. I'm sure they copped their fair of sledging, but never the sheer hatred and disdain Smith is copping. A mans actions command respect, not his title. Smith's getting all the respect he deserves.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I used to hate Ennis but it's masterful to watch what he does. His actions can turn a game just by getting under the skin of the opposition. Not many players can do that nowadays, in fact i don't think i can name another one.

But of course i hate it when he does that against us hahaha.

adamkungl

Immortal
I like when he turned a game so well that Adam Reynolds kicked the match winner just to spite him :lol:

bottle

Coach
Frailty and his Sharks mates are having a sooky la la convinced that their club's multitude of unfathomable f**kups is somehow an NRL/Roosters conspiracy.

Finch asked Freddy and Joey if they ever copped that kind of disrespect. I'm sure they copped their fair of sledging, but never the sheer hatred and disdain Smith is copping. A mans actions command respect, not his title. Smith's getting all the respect he deserves.

And they left him hanging. It was funny.
You're right re Smith. Respect is earned. You can't pick it up via a second contract.

eozsmiles

Bench

Johns went after Mark Riddell once after a sledge allegedly about a non-playing member of the Johns family.

In my mind and I'm sure the minds of most, you can't sledge families unless they are on the field IE telling Andrew that Matty is a genius is ok. Going after parents/partners etc is in the gutter.

eozsmiles

Bench
James Graham captained England and Burgess doesn't think twice about going after him. Every player in the comp has patted an opponent on the head after an error. Big storm in a teacup.

ram raid

Bench
James Graham captained England and Burgess doesn't think twice about going after him. Every player in the comp has patted an opponent on the head after an error. Big storm in a teacup.

Yeah there is no reason to hate Mick Ennis for his little massage of Smiths soon to be bald head. He's a total wanker, though. Has a few good years in him though for the Sharkies. Just have to get used to his ugly presence.

MsStorm

Bench
And look at the pissant crowds you got:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2002/melbourne/summary.html

Second worst attendance that year, ahead only of the truly, truly woeful Northern Eagles when they ventured to Gosford.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2002/venues.html

Way, way down on 1999 and 2000. Shit hit the fan and fans stayed home.

Ok if I rest my case? You know it'll happen again.

No different to any other club in the NRL when they have a few bad years, so why all the hate?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
No different to any other club in the NRL when they have a few bad years, so why all the hate?

If you can't recognise the fact that so many people are against the Storm and their 'success'* as a result of their cheating ways then that's on you.

A few years at the foot of the ladder would teach a fair number of Storm fans some much needed lessons in humility.

*1 'premiership'.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Because it's one thing to be cheats...it's completely another to play the victim card and show no remorse. Plenty of people in that club got off very, very lightly yet still weren't able to move on and accept wrong-doing.

Plus I live in Melbourne, and their fans are the pits. Other fans might stay at home when their side sucks, Storm fans would find a new bandwagon

Surrogate

Juniors
Because it's one thing to be cheats...it's completely another to play the victim card and show no remorse. Plenty of people in that club got off very, very lightly yet still weren't able to move on and accept wrong-doing.

Plus I live in Melbourne, and their fans are the pits. Other fans might stay at home when their side sucks, Storm fans would find a new bandwagon

Looks like those who support Ennis are serial baiters, like the man himself.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Who, me? Firstly, I don't support Mick Ennis. Nor do I hate him...but seriously, patting someone on the head? Who cares. As someone rightly pointed out, Slater sledged a bloke with a history of mental illness. So whatever. Not all of us think Cam Smith's poo is pure white and of a refreshing scent either.

And secondly, I'm not baiting anyone. I genuinely think the Storm stink from fish head to tail.

Latest posts