What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we just have touch downs like American football??

chileman

Coach
It would save embarrassing decisions like the one from Bill 'I'm never wrong' Harrigon in the first Broncos try..........but seriously forget touchdowns, this bloke can't be a vid ref for real can he...would he make the same decision in an Origin game or the Grand Final???

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think it was a closer call than the commentators and this thread suggest

Wrong call but I can see what Harrigan was getting at. Pretty hard to tell with those blurry slow-mo replays.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
3/3 tries from kicks is the real villain here

We've seen 3 tries tonight without either side actually creating a proper chance.

Gmac

Juniors
Harrigan doesnt have a clue neither does finch.. 2 Cement trucks on order plelase!
But in saying that.. the whole rule is wrong! Since day 1 You score a try by exerting downward pressure on the ball. You must have control so.. What i want to know is:

A) Who was the f**king idiot that suggested this "seperation" garbage in the first place and
B) Who was the f**king idiot that allowed them to change the rule

You cant even sneeze on a kicker these days without getting penalised.. Thus we see first 3 tries tonight from kicks... Caress a bloke on the face with an arm hair and your pinged again. What are we doing?
The wrong people are in charge :crazy:

i thought about it briefly and it would suck.

About 20 of us did an essay on this a few weeks back. It just wouldnt be rugby league. And it would dilute the game, and rob you of excitement. We dont want that just because doesnt have the means to see a grounding, etc. Going to touchdowns addresses the wrong thing.

no name

Coach
Why don't we just have touch downs like American football??
Becauase it is rugby league not American football, why not bring in forward passes while your at it

t1tan

Juniors
Yep lets just let the players wear helmets and larger shoulder pads while were at it.

macavity

Referee
bring back

control

pressure on the kicker

if the little bastards want to play RL, they should cope with big bastards charging them

Latest posts