What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why has the club stopped communicating with its fan base???

super_coach

First Grade
Last year we got heaps of info from the club on a range of things. Both Pascoe and Cleary did plenty of interviews and were pretty open on most things happening. Of course it slowed down a tad when IC defected.

Anyway 2019 roles around and Pascoe is silenced by his ban, but from that time it’s like the club has gone into lock down. I am not sure if Pascoe has been gagged and Madge just doesn’t want to do that stuff.

Maybe I am mis reading the situation but it seems strange that after having such a strong presence with the membership and fan base for a couple of years and now it’s back to the old days.

gordsy

Juniors
I love how so many people call Teddy and others scum for taking more money but these same people would welcome him back with open arms. Be real. If someone offered us 50k more a year to go work at a better place we would walk out the door tomorrow without a second thought. Teddy is no different.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Last year we got heaps of info from the club on a range of things. Both Pascoe and Cleary did plenty of interviews and were pretty open on most things happening. Of course it slowed down a tad when IC defected.

Anyway 2019 roles around and Pascoe is silenced by his ban, but from that time it’s like the club has gone into lock down. I am not sure if Pascoe has been gagged and Madge just doesn’t want to do that stuff.

Maybe I am mis reading the situation but it seems strange that after having such a strong presence with the membership and fan base for a couple of years and now it’s back to the old days.

It certainly does seem to be a 180 degree turn around. Maybe this was a particular strong point with Go and her departure, with the stronger power of other directors and installation of O'Farrell, has put paid to further extra efforts at communication. I would suspect Pascoe may be on a short leash and working for his continued career at WT in the eyes of the Board.

Tiger05

First Grade
I love how so many people call Teddy and others scum for taking more money but these same people would welcome him back with open arms. Be real. If someone offered us 50k more a year to go work at a better place we would walk out the door tomorrow without a second thought. Teddy is no different.

I hate this attitude. Show some balls. This is bullshit as well. They would have offered him an extra 10% or so if that. They just had to match our offer and he was gone.

super_coach

First Grade
The Teddy thing is not about rorting, it’s all about the NRL trying to drive the scam Issac Moses out of the game.

Uncle Nick basically black listed the germ and I guess most CEOs in the NRL would also love to see back of the germ. Although I think they have to be careful as you would imagine he would have plenty of dirt on a few clubs.

The perfect ending would be for Moses to be flicked but roll over and bring down a club or two with him

macnaz

Staff member
He seems to hate Weststigers , so he would probably f**k us over while the real rorters carry on as usual.
Anyway if there was some bogus 3rd party payment regardless of whether the Roosters are aware or not still may have very well affected our ability to retain Tedesco .. example.. Jim's car parts added 100k as a third party which was enough beat our bid and influence him to sign with the Roosters and now that's not legit , and we as a club have lost a player as a result.
Just another flaw in the whole salary cap system:(

Tigerm

First Grade
He seems to hate Weststigers , so he would probably f**k us over while the real rorters carry on as usual.
Anyway if there was some bogus 3rd party payment regardless of whether the Roosters are aware or not still may have very well affected our ability to retain Tedesco .. example.. Jim's car parts added 100k as a third party which was enough beat our bid and influence him to sign with the Roosters and now that's not legit , and we as a club have lost a player as a result.
More reason to have a rating system per player, per club (cannot be cheated on) and let clubs pay what they like, if they go broke doing so, well so be it.

gordsy

Juniors
I hate this attitude. Show some balls. This is bullshit as well. They would have offered him an extra 10% or so if that. They just had to match our offer and he was gone.
Show some balls and stay with a club that won't win a comp and makes it harder for you to get into rep team ???? Or take the better opportunities at the roosters, work with Mini and turn into a better player and have Uncle Nick look after you. This crap about loyalty to fans and the club above all else is bullshit, especially in a short self life careers. At the end of the day your family comes first, not the club, not the fans, If I was Teddy I would have jumped at the deal. Could he have done it better, sure, do I blame him for wanting to do the best for himself and his family, f**k no.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
Show some balls and stay with a club that won't win a comp and makes it harder for you to get into rep team ???? Or take the better opportunities at the roosters, work with Mini and turn into a better player and have Uncle Nick look after you. This crap about loyalty to fans and the club above all else is bullshit, especially in a short self life careers. At the end of the day your family comes first, not the club, not the fans, If I was Teddy I would have jumped at the deal. Could he have done it better, sure, do I blame him for wanting to do the best for himself and his family, f**k no.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. It’s professional sport, not amateur C Grade park footy where you’re kicking it around with your mates. You need to make decisions that not only help improve you but help you achieve the best possible results.

Tiger05

First Grade

You are a very different person to me.

They'll find the issues with the TPA's at Easts and the NRL will suspend our CEO again.

I don't care what anyone says to this, Marina Go has had more gumption and will to fight for this club in the front office than anyone else that's ever graced this club. The club had some teeth about it for once, got the best possible deal from a shitty situation in Ivan Cleary leaving, and the communication with fans was pretty reasonable I thought.

Pascoe gets nicked, the board roll on her and everything seems to have gone to shit again. The club releases aren't as prevalent now, you'd be forgiven for thinking Pascoe was still serving his suspension and god knows what it has done to our corporate sponsorship. Worst of all, the board have gone back to being totally subordinate to the NRL while the Storm, Bunnies and Chooks all continue to thumb their noses at the game.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don't care what anyone says to this, Marina Go has had more gumption and will to fight for this club in the front office than anyone else that's ever graced this club. The club had some teeth about it for once, got the best possible deal from a shitty situation in Ivan Cleary leaving, and the communication with fans was pretty reasonable I thought.

Pascoe gets nicked, the board roll on her and everything seems to have gone to shit again. The club releases aren't as prevalent now, you'd be forgiven for thinking Pascoe was still serving his suspension and god knows what it has done to our corporate sponsorship. Worst of all, the board have gone back to being totally subordinate to the NRL while the Storm, Bunnies and Chooks all continue to thumb their noses at the game.

Marina is a business person who was in media. We replaced her with a politician. Need I say anything more?

WA Tiger

Bench
Ah ok so this is where it started between u and 05 ..sorry - I missed all this. Please don’t let me interrupt...

WA Tiger

Bench
I think as armchair critics it’s easy for us to say what players should do or not do when there’s no consequences for us ... naturally we want what’s best for us . and things like loyalty are more important than anything else - from our armchair....I think as a player or any person who has to make a big decision just fast forward to when your over 50 or 60 and imagine how things could likely or possibly turn out as a result of each decision and then you will know ...coz how things turn out will be all that’s remembered then when all the moneys been spent The rest will fade a bit and you’ll either have a deep burning regret,or be uplifted and maybe have had a few perks along the way ...I have old boys as boarders in my house who have never played league confirming this to me from their story’s. Your right tho the hes a prick for leaving

Last edited:

Latest posts