What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Have The Dragons Turned It Around?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In technical terms it is because Saints are scoring more points than their opponents in the specified 80 minute time frame.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. That's very true. I should have known there was no easy answer to the question.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
what ever the reason, this is the feeling that we dragons supporters have been waiting for this season, especially after having such a sh*t start to the year again.
We all know that the dragons are gonna leave us with our hearts(or nuts) in our mouths all the way through to september, But f**k it, thats what supporting the dragons is all about....

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
what ever the reason, this is the feeling that we dragons supporters have been waiting for this season, especially after having such a sh*t start to the year again.
We all know that the dragons are gonna leave us with our hearts(or nuts) in our mouths all the way through to september, But f**k it, thats what supporting the dragons is all about....

Well said, f**k i was ready to throw something at the TV at the end there but Go you good things!!! onto newcastle next week.

Our mistake rate is way down on what it was earlier in the season.
Beau Scott and the Morrises are now holding on to the ball.
The dumb offloads have almost totally stopped, apart from you know who.
We've had a pretty good run with very few injuries, compared with previous years.
And Wendell's arrival has proved a huge lift to the team's morale.

Kiki

First Grade
part of being a dragons fan is wanting to strangle ur team half of the time...right? :lol:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Could be a number of things.

1. Players out to impress incoming Bennett. If they continue to play like crap they could be without a club rather than coached by a legend coach next season.

2. Now that Browny's future has been decided the boys have stepped up to see him finish on a high. Sad thing is, if they played like this last year he would not be in this position. Browny also out there to show he still has what it takes and wants to impress to get a new gig in the NRL or Super League.

3. Less errors especially from Scott, Poore and Morris boys

4. Team has been consistent for a while now. Less injuries and the same 17 starting each week except for Coops and Gaz at Origin time.

5. The draw has been good. Picked up wins against 3 top 5 sides when they were low in personnell.

6. Since Sailor has come in, the morale looks to have picked up. Alot more confidence in each other.

7. Defence has been good. 2 out of 3 Titans tries tonight were lucky. Intercept and kick which came off Dragons leg into the Titans players hands for him to score.

8. Halves have been the same for 5 weeks in a row. Soward looks like he is settled at 6 and Hornby at 7.

9. Less injuries than other years.

Probably heaps more reasons but the above could be a few.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Wendell got em sniffin the right stuff.........A bit like sniffer Wilson did at the Bulldogs back in the mid 90's

Slackboy72

Coach
I don't know about intencity but the teams intensity shifted up considerably for ANZAC day and didn't drop back till the Panthers match. It was down a bit in the first half last night but was noticably higher in the 2nd.

The thing I'm most noticing however is we are'nt panicking. Even if we're behind by 12 we stick to our guns and work back into the game. We're not overstretching our skill level and we're not playing catch-up football when we're behind. That comes from confidence in your ability and belief in the game plan. And above all discipline.

But let's not underestimate SuperDell...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Lack of injuries has allowed us to Garner Fructis Gel.

But if I had to pick one other thing, I'd say it's Poore & other forwards firing up since the ANZAC Day clash. Ryles was carrying the team at the start of the year.