What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why is this so? (Tonights Match Result involved)

Gooba

Juniors
What was the big wrap about the dragons?? Like sure they played good tonight they played like champs... but really when u look at the ladder there only one win above us also havent beet broncos or roosters or the doggies. We beat the broncos and dogs... hmmm i wonder why is this so...

Terminator

First Grade
I went to the match the stadium is in my neighborhood,and the Dragons almost did them, gasnier and Barrett out of their team left them just short of the honours.

the dragons should have won it.. But once again, it seemed as though the roosters were coasting along and all of a sudden decided to change gears, put on some tries to get into the lead, drop down a few gears and hold the lead.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I was hoping that The Dragons would win it... I did tip the Roosters though.
I still think their too inconsitant to win the premiership... for this yr anyway.

Doctor

Bench
What about Adrian Morley last night? Everytime I saw him in defence, he was swinging arms and nearly coat-hangering opposition players. He cannot have been back for much more than a handful of rounds from a suspension, yet he still has these blatant tactics in his game.

If Morley's defence is that they are accidental, then he should be taken out of the game indefinately until he cleans his defence up. If these head-highs are deliberate, then get him out of the game permanently -- he will seriously injure someone.

The other thing I noticed was the distinct discrepancy between Minichello's on-field form, and the credit given to him by the commentators. Phil Gould described Minichello's performance in a wonderful light -- this, despite the fact Minichello had nearly bombed a kick-return (when he slipped over, thereby looking like a circus clown), and an assortment of other mistakes. He was smashed countless times by the Dragons defence.

It seems that one try, and Phil Gould's tri-coloured glasses, is enough to turn what is obviously an ordinary performance into praise-worthy rugby league. Minichello has done very little to convince me his skills are anywhere near the standard he is credited with reaching. The word for it: Overrated. :|

Misanthrope

Staff member
Gould is a wanker. Mini was one of the worst on show last night. If the Rorters had lost by 40, he'd still have had wraps on everyone involved.

How about Fitzgibbon's workload? Sixty tackles. Hello, forward try. :clap:

~bedsy~

First Grade
I've always been impressed with Fitzy... wouldn't mind him at this club :lol:
Wing has come back into some form which is good to see.
I agree with you on both statements Oswin, Minni was pretty ordinary last night and they were praising him, I get so sick of that.
Plus on the Morley tackel when Gus was saying it's not that bad :blahb:
as far as I'm concerned high is high... and that was high. I have seen in alot of games recently that there is alot of high tackels creeping into this game and it needs to stop before someone gets hurt.

The Goosters were up to their old tricks again last night of piling 4 tacklers on top of each other and then the ball player has to wait until all 4 players peel off each other to play the ball.
The last 2 Gooster games in the last 2 weeks have been the worst at "flops' and slow down tactics Ive seen all year.Parra did them and St. G had them.
Are they getting tired?

Terminator

First Grade
Morely was a one man wrecking ball, and left his usual scalp quivering on the ground, there is supposed tp be another guiy like him in England who is keen to play a few years in the NRL, Knights management hello?

They also play the inside ball near the tryline and for the life of him,Finch cant throw the ball BACKWARDS.
The Goosters dodged a bullet last night and I think that Stuart Knew It. ;-)

Terminator said:
Morely was a one man wrecking ball, and left his usual scalp quivering on the ground, there is supposed tp be another guiy like him in England who is keen to play a few years in the NRL, Knights management hello?
Stuart Fielden-And hes plenty Tough.
Wonder if Sarges phone allowance lets him call England?

Terminator

First Grade
We have an excellent English connection through a certain coach that helped get us our first premiership, a phone call to him about Fielden wouldnt go astray.