What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY NOT MARY...lol

dungay dragon

Juniors
On a quiet news day here , was thinking , if our former , 85 minute away from a grand final coach , is so popular , why isn't he being considered for all the Coaching gigs being bandied about ??
The love being tossed about for him esp from the CH 9 Mafia oops sorry Media , is sickening ...
Here is this wonderful mutli talented mentor and great great bloke that can;t get a gig any where.
forget the love fest being a 3 IC coach with the Blues , all of these guys have clauses stating if a gig comes up somewhere they are free to go .
Cant recall Marys name being mentioned in any dispatches . Re the Tigers gig , poor old Greeny didnt even get a thought ...Ciraldo and the pommy coaches....no Mary
Rival Clubs must all hold the same opinion we do......
On a brighter note , there is a guy up this way who Coaches the Norths Devils in the Intrust Cup...Rohan Smith....Son of Brian ....very highly thought of and one for the Black Book.....

blacksafake

First Grade
On a quiet news day here , was thinking , if our former , 85 minute away from a grand final coach , is so popular , why isn't he being considered for all the Coaching gigs being bandied about ??
The love being tossed about for him esp from the CH 9 Mafia oops sorry Media , is sickening ...
Here is this wonderful mutli talented mentor and great great bloke that can;t get a gig any where.
forget the love fest being a 3 IC coach with the Blues , all of these guys have clauses stating if a gig comes up somewhere they are free to go .
Cant recall Marys name being mentioned in any dispatches . Re the Tigers gig , poor old Greeny didnt even get a thought ...Ciraldo and the pommy coaches....no Mary
On a brighter note , there is a guy up this way who Coaches the Norths Devils in the Intrust Cup...Rohan Smith....Son of Brian ....very highly thought of and one for the Black Book.....
Wasn’t Rohan on the coaching staff with Brian at some stage.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I hope Mary is paying rent for that space in your head..

The guy is no longer a part of this club..

WepnutV

Juniors
You hate Mary good for you mate. No gives a shit

OP makes a fair point. And after all, it is the off season.
You’re right @dungay dragon For all the support he got when the pressure was on, there’s precious little interest in him now.

Also it’s good to sink the boot into this spud again.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I heard uncle Nick is about to turf out Trent and hand the keys to the roosters including their salary cap creativity to McGregor. Uncle Nick believes old Mary is a genius due to the fact he has mastered the art of fooling people into believing he can coach and thinks Mary can pull the wool over the rest of the NRL as he had done to the heavy hitters on the dragons BOD.

dungay dragon

Juniors
You hate Mary good for you mate. No gives a shit
No Hate Wep.
Just being a tad sarcastic on a quiet news day and no news officially of new signings , and making the point for all the Love shown by the CH 9 mafia , as to how good a coach this bloke is , he doesnt rate a mention for ANY possible coaching gigs...nsw blues aside.......

Who?

merahputih

Juniors
I was as glad as the next bloke to see the tail end of Mary, but I think we should temper our dislike for him with a bit of sympathy for his circumstances. He lost his mother a few years ago and I believe his father is still seriously ill in a care facility. Being of an age myself where I am seeing relatives and old friends dropping like flies around me, I have a bit of sympathy for him separate from his coaching abilities. I know the loss of a close family member can affect even the toughest of people and wouldn't be surprised if Paul himself made a decision to keep out of the limelight for a while.

TruSaint

Referee
I was as glad as the next bloke to see the tail end of Mary, but I think we should temper our dislike for him with a bit of sympathy for his circumstances. He lost his mother a few years ago and I believe his father is still seriously ill in a care facility. Being of an age myself where I am seeing relatives and old friends dropping like flies around me, I have a bit of sympathy for him separate from his coaching abilities. I know the loss of a close family member can affect even the toughest of people and wouldn't be surprised if Paul himself made a decision to keep out of the limelight for a while.

Well said.

Nah. He’s still fair game.

It’s a footy forum. If you’re going to factor in personal circumstances you’d never bag out the Matt Lodges or Latrells or Cody Walkers or JDBs or Bellamys or whoever else you hate that week.
He f@@@ed our club up and it will be a few years before we recover from it.
F@@k Mary.

Disclaimer: my mum is quite ill and I haven’t seen her in over a year thanks to covid and my dad died when I was 16. This does not make me immune to criticism for my views. It’s a footy forum.
Fire away.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don’t hate the bloke & feel for his circumstances with his family. My comments are strictly in reference to his coaching ability whilst at the dragons. I’ve no doubt he loves the club & yes it was the board’s fault as much as his for continuing to sign him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I am empathetic to his (or anyone's for that matter) loss and the situation with his father. However, if this was effecting his ability to coach, then he should have stepped down himself and not be driven by an unrealistic ego. Because of this, our Club is around 3yrs behind where it should be.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No wonder people see dragons fans as some of the more cooked of them all…

No wonder people see dragons fans as some of the more cooked of them all…
Are you referring to the fans that are still spewing about a former coach or the ones saying to lay off him because his dad is sick?

Either way you’re probably right.

TruSaint

Referee
Are you referring to the fans that are still spewing about a former coach or the ones saying to lay off him because his dad is sick?

Either way you’re probably right.

Couple of points mate.

@merahputih , didnt ask anyone to lay off Mary. Have another read. His comments relate to why he believes Mary "may" be taking some time off.

Secondly, the coach didn't f**k over our Club. Last I checked the board extended his contract not once but twice. He wasnt self employed.

Finally, its become an obsession really. The guy has been gone for over a full season and yet we open thread after thread. Time to move on.

PS. I hope your mum makes a full recovery and you see her soon.

Mojo

Bench
This was a laugh for while but its been done to death by now. He was a great player but hasn't had much success as a coach (so far). He wasn't very good at media either. He's tenacious, that's for sure. Good luck to him.

Couple of points mate.

@merahputih , didnt ask anyone to lay off Mary. Have another read. His comments relate to why he believes Mary "may" be taking some time off.

Secondly, the coach didn't f**k over our Club. Last I checked the board extended his contract not once but twice. He wasnt self employed.

Finally, its become an obsession really. The guy has been gone for over a full season and yet we open thread after thread. Time to move on.

PS. I hope your mum makes a full recovery and you see her soon.
Looks like we disagree. All good. That’s what keeps forums from being boring.

Regarding the endless threads on Mary. They’re bound to continue. But thankfully there is an option to NOT open them.

Latest posts