What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Peter Doust Should Leave The Dragons

gregstar

Referee
given how spaz is playing, i'm starting to think douche is a genius.

either that or creeping jesus is bang on the money.

juanfarkall

Coach
The "get-out" clause has been a problem for Doust before.
IIRC Thick not Slick signed Tingha to a contract where he became a free agent if he made rep footy. Needless to say, he made rep footy during that contract.

_Johnsy

Referee
2 questions

1. Why would we let Josh go if Doust knew gaz was a chance to leave ?
2 Greg, why creeping jesus ?

The Preacher

First Grade
I hate him with a passion, as is well known to most on the forum, and quite a few outside, including those that have attended the past two Football Club AGM's.
As far as I'm concerned the man is an incompetent buffoon, and most assuredly should not be in charge of the greatest rugby league club in the world.
The incestuous situation that has evolved at the Dragons pertaining to both the Football and Leagues Club's is going to cause a maybe irreversable decline in the success of both entities if it is not nipped in the bud very soon.
These people will not "fall on their swords", they will snub their noses at us until the last breath of life is exhaled from the two clubs.
Should Peter Doust leave, MY f**kING OATH HE SHOULD, and he can take another half a dozen fleas with him. :evil:

Last edited:

SerbDragon

Coach
peter Doust should leave the Dragons because:

1. he is a complete moron
2. he is a complete moron
3. see reason 1 and 2

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If a player wanted a get out clause in his contract after 1 or 2 years then really that shows how much loyalty a player has to the club.

In saying that If Doust did not offer a contract to Gaz because he wanted a "Get out Clause", you Dragons would be going off at Doust saying why didn't he sign him.

Either way he could not win.

I doubt Doust put the exclusion in willy nilly. The player or better still his agent would have asked to put it in.

The fact Doust retained Coops and extended Nightingale is a big positive so far. And I am sure he would of kept Josh if Gaz made his decision earlier.

The only one to blame for losing Gaz is the NRL because of their stupid salary cap and lack of concessions for juniors.

They should make the Salary cap only apply to players from other clubs. Any players raised from their junior base should be excluded. Too Easy. Make the Salary cap 1 or 2 million. But they can't do that because the poor Roosters and Melbourne would be disadvantaged. Currently they are advantaged and the other 14 clubs aren't but that is not a concern for the NRL.

If you read the paper, Luke Rooney wrote the same thing. He would of loved to play for the Panthers all his life but due to the NR could not because they are restricting the club from paying him good dollars to stay. I am sure Gaz would feel the same.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
If a player wanted a get out clause in his contract after 1 or 2 years then really that shows how much loyalty a player has to the club.

In saying that If Doust did not offer a contract to Gaz because he wanted a "Get out Clause", you Dragons would be going off at Doust saying why didn't he sign him.

Either way he could not win.

I doubt Doust put the exclusion in willy nilly. The player or better still his agent would have asked to put it in.

The fact Doust retained Coops and extended Nightingale is a big positive so far. And I am sure he would of kept Josh if Gaz made his decision earlier.

The only one to blame for losing Gaz is the NRL because of their stupid salary cap and lack of concessions for juniors.

They should make the Salary cap only apply to players from other clubs. Any players raised from their junior base should be excluded. Too Easy. Make the Salary cap 1 or 2 million. But they can't do that because the poor Roosters and Melbourne would be disadvantaged. Currently they are advantaged and the other 14 clubs aren't but that is not a concern for the NRL.

If you read the paper, Luke Rooney wrote the same thing. He would of loved to play for the Panthers all his life but due to the NR could not because they are restricting the club from paying him good dollars to stay. I am sure Gaz would feel the same.

You're right. Being paid a wage most battlers would dream of, being given the opportunity to play a game for the money you are earning and being made a celebrity in Australia is obviously a pretty hard job and we should feel sorry for people like Gas and Rooney who are only earning 6 figures.

:roll:

bornadragon

Juniors
With a catalogue of errors Doust must Justify "To The Board" why! he should stay. And if the board can't sack this man, they must take responsibility for his actions and therefore stand down until they can justify their action.

Somebody MUST be held accountable.... SOMEBODY MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE

Who's going to man up... NO!

I didn't think so... And there's my whole argument.

The weekness of our board to make hard BUSINESS decission. - Hence the lack of success over the past 30 years - and counting

Quigs

Immortal
p-nanny.jpg

Join Us ....... Come over to the Dark Side

Join Us Now . Come over to the Dark Side

Cheers
Quigs

The Preacher

First Grade
The "dark side" eh Quigs, :lol: In comes "Creeping Jesus" out goes "Roger Ramjet".

...but we can't get rid of this BUFFOON, DOUST!!!!

cb4

First Grade
1 who is creeping jesus
2 how many times can u drop that in here quiggs?? lol

Latest posts