What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Warriors won....

Meth

Staff member
Well, there's a few reasons, but the biggest one IMHO is this.

A go forward pack laying the foundation for attack.

SeuSeu, Villasanti, Lauaki, Feka, Faumuina, Koopu, Te Mata....all stand outs for mine.

:clap:

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I thought Lauaki sucked :( But otherwise I agree. SeuSeu in particular, so far this season he has hit the ball up very well (when he's been on the field, and he seemed to play more minutes today). He got over the advantage line with every single hit-up today.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agreed, the pack played well today, although Lauaki had a bit of an off day (although it wsn't through lack of effort). Andewrson needs to teach him some lessons about when to curb the enthusiasm, he gives away possession and penalties through being a bit over-aggressive at time.
How good was Koopu in defense? As for the front rowers Jerry, Villa and Feka were all excellent, however Anderson still seems to think Te Mata is a prop, he isn't. He's a good workhorse second rower but we need at least one of the three real props we used today on the park at any given time. (I think that happenned in the second half today)

Iafeta

Referee
Jerry was terrific. Continually bent their line. Add him, Guttenbeil, Paleaaesina and Koopu and with help from their forwards comrads they dominated the Storm well. Koopu and Te Mata hit some huge hits!

Jerry seemed to target Robbie Kearns, and he won. Beat him by 50 metres. That would have to be Robbie's lowest metreage this season.

Seemed this week Jerry stayed on longer (he subbed off in the 23rd minute compared to the 8-12 minute mark previously), doubled his involvement, instead of dropping to his knees kept working through the tackle and just controlled things to a tee. It reminded me of Seu Seu in 2002 when quite frankly he was just absolutely irresistable.

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
Agreed, the pack played well today, although Lauaki had a bit of an off day (although it wsn't through lack of effort). Andewrson needs to teach him some lessons about when to curb the enthusiasm, he gives away possession and penalties through being a bit over-aggressive at time.
How good was Koopu in defense? As for the front rowers Jerry, Villa and Feka were all excellent, however Anderson still seems to think Te Mata is a prop, he isn't. He's a good workhorse second rower but we need at least one of the three real props we used today on the park at any given time. (I think that happenned in the second half today)

Te Mata for mine just seems to be a lock? I think he'd be a very good lock at that too.

nibbs

Bench
Hohaia seemed to make a difference IMO. Leulaiu always seemed scared to hit it up. When he did he was nearly always waiting to be tackled. Hohaia would surge foward then fight for every metre. His kicking wasn't top notch but you wouldn't expect that for a man playing his 1st nrl game in 8 months. when leulaiu was stand off most of play making had to be done by jones, but he seemed have that burden taken away from him. he didn't seem to under so much pressure and he played one of his better games this season IMO...

Rudolph

Juniors
It looked like Hohaia played at halfback not stand off. But he played well 10 times better than laulaiu and it's its only his first game back. Still not a performance that would beat a top side but enough to say we'll be back soon.

Anonymous

Juniors
Pffft. It's true that Hohaia took a lot of the responsibility off Jones, AND IT WAS A MESS! His kicking was not scratchy, it was abysmal (if he actually managed to get the kick away).

Rudolph

Juniors
Pffft. It's true that Hohaia took a lot of the responsibility off Jones, AND IT WAS A MESS! His kicking was not scratchy, it was abysmal (if he actually managed to get the kick away).

I'm not saying he played great I'm saying he played better than laulaiu which really isn't saying much.

AliN

Live Update Team
for a guy who was rusty he played well and will only get better.

The main reason we won I reckon was we played as a team, and backed each other.
The forwards did the job they are supposed to for the backs.
Great stuff!!

Latest posts