What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop given a serve.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I hardly think so, Widdop has been the major reason for our lack of success.
Weak captain, no communication, no passion, Mcgrxits LAP DOG.
Crabs sideways, never takes on the line, talks like a mute at press conferences.....a dead set fuc...ing loser of a captain...weak as shit.
Thats my opinion.....heartless player
Hunt will lead us with Graham. Widdop's time is UP.

You damn apologist.
top 4 in dally m, he had a pretty good year tbh. he isn't a captain thats for sure, graham will captain this famous club while his here. hunt & widdop combo next year will be one of the best halves pairing in the comp

Dragsters

First Grade
If true, then mcrone must be taking the piss surely?

Did he even watch back any of his performances?

He should be having a crack at himself for playing so badly and count himself extremely lucky that he got to play as many games as he did.

Seriously...

Divine

Bench
we have to recruit a (de facto) club captain from outside?

No. Not directly. Just a happy happenstance.

TruSaint

Referee
top 4 in dally m, he had a pretty good year tbh. he isn't a captain thats for sure, graham will captain this famous club while his here. hunt & widdop combo next year will be one of the best halves pairing in the comp

Graham doesnt need the "c" to be a leader.
Widdop will be the Captain next year.

He will have great support from Graham and Hunt. Both team leaders.

emu62

Juniors
I hardly think so, Widdop has been the major reason for our lack of success.
Weak captain, no communication, no passion, Mcgrxits LAP DOG.
Crabs sideways, never takes on the line, talks like a mute at press conferences.....a dead set fuc...ing loser of a captain...weak as shit.
Thats my opinion.....heartless player
Hunt will lead us with Graham. Widdop's time is UP.

You damn apologist.

I believe Widdop came equel first in the Warren Ryan Medal this year (player of the year);He couldn't of had as bad a year as what many are making out on here.I reckon Ryan would be a better credentialed judge than many on here.

Old Timer

Coach
You are correct, Sire.
Packer would of been finishing up / tidying up his Dragons paid for courses at Uni before he heads to the Tigers.
Cheap shot OKB and unnecessary.
The notion that his courses are paid for by St GI is incorrect as it is an NRL initiative started by Ben Creagh and not the domain of just individual clubs.
Thank god Packer is telling people there is a life after league and they should prepare for it rather than the dribble handed out by the players association and that cock sucker Smith that they need to be on huge money now as they consider there is little or nothing after they retire.
Good luck to Packer he has passed his course with distinctions and he has really turned his life around and providing inspiration to other players about getting an education as did Ben Creagh before him.
Be graceful and let him go with good wishes and acknowledge his efforts for us both on and off the field.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The notion that his courses are paid for by St GI is incorrect as it is an NRL initiative started by Ben Creagh and not the domain of just individual clubs.
Thank god Packer is telling people there is a life after league and they should prepare for it rather than the dribble handed out by the players association and that c**k sucker Smith that they need to be on huge money now as they consider there is little or nothing after they retire.
Good luck to Packer he has passed his course with distinctions and he has really turned his life around and providing inspiration to other players about getting an education as did Ben Creagh before him.
Be graceful and let him go with good wishes and acknowledge his efforts for us both on and off the field.

Well said ot
It been going on for years .

TruSaint

Referee
Thank god Packer is telling people there is a life after league and they should prepare for it rather than the dribble handed out by the players association and that c**k sucker Smith that they need to be on huge money now as they consider there is little or nothing after they retire.

He has paid a price, served time, and moved on.

Sadly, it seems his reputation and record will hound him forever.

As he has moved on, turned his life around and set an example for others, I wish him well.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Can't help but laugh at the notion that Widdop should move on and is solely responsible for our woes.

He was the 5/8th of the year and was in contention for THE Dally M until about 3 weeks ago (that's despite missing 6 games). Also was instrumental to our early season form before his injury. It's no accident we fell off a cliff when he injured himself.

The one thing I'll agree with is that he isn't captain material. I think he'll have a great year under less pressure next year

BringTheNoise

Juniors

Well said OT